The Student Room Group

AQA AS Spanish Essay Questions Predictions 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Wisteria_xo
Guys :smile: how much would you say AS grades matter in terms of getting into a good uni? Due to the changes that some as exams don't count towards the A level? I've got 8A*'s and 4A's at GCSE and I think A level I might get DDDC or worse ! D: It's such a weird balance

I did great in my GCSEs, all As and A*s, but lost focus for ASs. Fortunately my teachers knew I was willing to work hard, so they predicted higher than they probably should've, and I've got Uni offers and everything. But they only predicted me highly because I was willing to resit. So you might have to work your a** off next year to make up for it! I got tutors for like most of my subjects this year ahah
Reply 421
Original post by eleanor27
As an A2 student resitting, I would have said harder tbf....

I agree! Tbh, I don't know how some AS students managed it. Considering it wasn't too easy for me and I've done an extra year!
Original post by rachelharris67
Do you think todays exam was easier or harder than last years?

i am resitting too and this year was definitely harder, i think I did better than last year from more knowledge of it but still in general a harder paper!!
Original post by ihm1997
I did great in my GCSEs, all As and A*s, but lost focus for ASs. Fortunately my teachers knew I was willing to work hard, so they predicted higher than they probably should've, and I've got Uni offers and everything. But they only predicted me highly because I was willing to resit. So you might have to work your a** off next year to make up for it! I got tutors for like most of my subjects this year ahah

I hope too ahaha !! you've given me a lot of hope!! Do you mind me asking what you got for AS?
Reply 424
Original post by sandpitturtle
i am resitting too and this year was definitely harder, i think I did better than last year from more knowledge of it but still in general a harder paper!!

Yeah! I fully agree, like atraco.. That doesn't come up in AS at all 😆 Although, in my moment of stupidity I thought 'AS students won't known the imperfect subjunctive' so I put the present
Can anyone remember the answers to the question about festivals and the correct order for the gap fill wigh boxes?
Original post by 97Y
Yeah! I fully agree, like atraco.. That doesn't come up in AS at all 😆 Although, in my moment of stupidity I thought 'AS students won't known the imperfect subjunctive' so I put the present

I know right and i know tinkerbella and i already discussed this but i was also under the impression that at AS you dont need to know imperfect subjunctive so thank god i learned it!! :P
Guys, you know that gay couple, well when it said they married very soon or something, I said no because it was after like 3 months, but idk if they consider that to be very soon or not?
Original post by BEARichards
Wait but the following noun was plural wasn't it? So is't it the passive and therefore since the noun was plural the verb needs to be put in the third person plural pretirite? I'm probably totally wrong

Yeah it was like pantalones grises or something so I put pusieron
Original post by rachelharris67
I was also told that imperfect subjunctive wouldn't come up and i can't see it on the spec... Do you think there will be options on the markscheme to have it in either the present or imperfect, like they do when it's a command ?

I don't know, sorry.

Original post by Chris-Graham
Guys, you know that gay couple, well when it said they married very soon or something, I said no because it was after like 3 months, but idk if they consider that to be very soon or not?

From what I remember, the statement said that they will move in together very soon and the listening said they already had, or something similar. So it was false but not for that reasoning.
Original post by AlfieH
Tuvieran
Demasiada
Habrá
Descubierto
Conduzco
Ningún
Fría
Vaya
Dedicaba
Puso/ pusieron (ongoing debate)

correct me if im wrong but im almost certain no 6 is frío NOT fría as the noun was el agua?
Original post by Rager6amer
correct me if im wrong but im almost certain no 6 is frío NOT fría as the noun was el agua?

This has been discussed at great length before. Agua is feminine, but it takes 'el' to avoid having to say 'la agua' which can be confusing, so it should be fría.

Agua is actually feminine - although they write 'el agua', that's just because it would apparently more awkward to say 'la agua' - don't ask, it's just how it goes!
Original post by tinkerbella~
I don't know, sorry.

From what I remember, the statement said that they will move in together very soon and the listening said they already had, or something similar. So it was false but not for that reasoning.

Ah thank you. Can you remember also, was that dude going to get married in the hotel he used to work at? I said yes. Also, I seem to remember only having one N - does that seem right?
Ah thank you. Can you remember also, was that dude going to get married in the hotel he used to work at? I said yes. Also, I seem to remember only having one N - does that seem right?

I think there should have been more than one. I don't think it mentioned whether he worked at that hotel, it was David (ngl I think I made that name up, the guy who wasn't Hugo anyway) saying something along the lines of "I always wanted to get married in my village and luckily the only hotel here had enough room" so I think that was not mentioned. Also I don't recall them saying anything about the number of guests so the next one could be N too, but I really can't remember my answers for that question, so I could have put them down wrong on here!
Agua is actually feminine - although they write 'el agua', that's just because it would apparently more awkward to say 'la agua' - don't ask, it's just how it goes!

completely forgot lol thanks for reminding me. So upset i forot this :frown:
completely forgot lol thanks for reminding me. So upset i forot this :frown:

It's fine man it's one mark. I've probably done far worse, I think I probs got a C/low B
Overall I think that this exam was a lot better than previous ones.

The vocabulary in it was definitely on the list that we got given by AQA - apart from stuff like "ATRACO" but I deduced that it was actually "ROBO" because "ATRACO" sounds like attack which is why I put it.

Secondly, the grammar section was by far the easiest one there has been in the past papers. AQA intentionally try to slip you up - you have to read until the end of the sentence to fully understand. If your teacher failed to inform you that the imperfect subjunctive was to have been included in this exam - then they are severely mistaken - there is always a subjunctive question in Q9 as its one of things on the spec which differentiates it from GCSE. It is definitely "EL AGUA FRIA" because "AGUA" is feminine but "LA AGUA" would sound weird if pronounced this way because there's too many vowels in one row.

Thirdly, I thought that the listening exam was one of the easiest parts too - perhaps apart from Number 4 (Hugo y David) which perhaps threw me a little bit.

The reading was definitely the best one I've done - I thought it was simple and straight forward! You just had to make sure that you read the Q at least twice before attempting to do the questions and translate what you can from the stimulus to answer the question.

As for the essay, I did the one that least complicated my brain which was no.10 (Something along the lines of "COMO CONSEGUIR UNA VIDA MÁS LARGA) - there was just so much you could write and back it up with points. I planned 20 points for 20 content marks and managed to include all of them. What did everyone else do for this Q?

Also, I'm sure everyone did the best they could - perhaps the new vocabulary proved to be detrimental to some of you guys - but if you learnt the vocab list you should have been fine.

I hope everyone gets the results they deserve in August.

PS. RWL Exam counts for 70% of AS Level and SP Exam counts for 30% of AS Level.
It's fine man it's one mark. I've probably done far worse, I think I probs got a C/low B

Really?? to be honest i can see where you are coming from though: on all the past papers i was doing i was getting A grades but today's exam boy idk it just felt super difficult like that long text about pedro, i was rushing so much at the end that i didnt have a clue what any of it said so idk but i didn't like it lol. Good luck with your results!! :smile:
Really?? to be honest i can see where you are coming from though: on all the past papers i was doing i was getting A grades but today's exam boy idk it just felt super difficult like that long text about pedro, i was rushing so much at the end that i didnt have a clue what any of it said so idk but i didn't like it lol. Good luck with your results!! :smile:

Ty! Ye, I guessed a load of the Pedro bs, not because I didn't understand, I just literally had no time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending