The Student Room Group

Au pair South of France August 2016

Hi, I'm going to Antibes in the South of France as an Au Pair this August and was wondering if anyone else will be down there at that time to meet up? Thanks :smile:
Hey!

Sadly I am being mainstream and am going to Paris not the South of France, but you're the first other au pair person I've seen floating around the internet, so I wanted to say hi! Are you going as a gap year or just cause? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by LamantChenille
Hey!

Sadly I am being mainstream and am going to Paris not the South of France, but you're the first other au pair person I've seen floating around the internet, so I wanted to say hi! Are you going as a gap year or just cause? :smile:

Sorry I didn't realise you'd replied! Well I'm studying French at uni in September so I wanted to feel a bit more comfortable speaking French before I went (also for a bit more money too:smile:). Have you been to Paris for? What's your reason for going? :smile:
Original post by AdamJamesT
Sorry I didn't realise you'd replied! Well I'm studying French at uni in September so I wanted to feel a bit more comfortable speaking French before I went (also for a bit more money too:smile:). Have you been to Paris for? What's your reason for going? :smile:

Aha, that's okay! I'm actually going for similar reasons to you. I'm *hopefully* going to be studying Modern Languages in 2017 and, because I'm taking up a beginner's language, I wanted to be super secure with my French before I started. I also just really wanted to take a gap year and this felt like a good, productive way to spend it!

I actually was in Paris last weekend-I stayed with my host family so that we could get to know each other a bit before I come in August. I also got to meet their current au pair, which was really nice. However, before last week, I had never been to Paris, though I have been to France quite a lot! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest