The Student Room Group
Reply 1
1 year foundation course?

That's FE not HE so no loans for you I'm afraid

However, if it is an integral part of a 4 year course you'll be entitled to the same HE funding as anyone else
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply!
Well once the foundation year is complete, if i pass, i'll automatically get put onto the normal LLB course.. so do you know if that would still be classed as an integrated part?
who running the course, you should be able to get a loan and to cover the fees, how much it will cost will be on the uni website it could be half
nay_ym@6
Thanks for your reply!
Well once the foundation year is complete, if i pass, i'll automatically get put onto the normal LLB course.. so do you know if that would still be classed as an integrated part?

im on a foundation course and like you if i pass i get on the the 5 year vet med course at nottingham. i get full loan and grant so yeah you will get all the loan as a normal uni student.
hope that helps
Reply 5
Is the course Law(foundation) M101?

Because if so, UCAS has it down as a 4 year course-so yes, it is integrated. So you can get the same funding as everyone else.
Reply 6
PsYCho ThInKeR
im on a foundation course and like you if i pass i get on the the 5 year vet med course at nottingham. i get full loan and grant so yeah you will get all the loan as a normal uni student.
hope that helps

Yes that helps a lot, thank you! I've heard that many rumours about not getting any financial support etc. so I'm glad that one's cleared up now, thanks again for your help :biggrin:
Reply 7
heidigirl
Is the course Law(foundation) M101?

Because if so, UCAS has it down as a 4 year course-so yes, it is integrated. So you can get the same funding as everyone else.

Yeah it's M101.
Thank god! i was beginning to think that I'd have to stay in Stoke for another year lol thanks a lot for your help :smile:
Reply 8
fatty_tbh
This is sort of making me panic now, ive applied for an engineering foundation at loughborough.

Am i right in saying i do get a student loan, the course code is HH17.

Yeah you will get the same loan as you would for a normal degree course as it says on the website that it is a 4 year course and is therefore integrated into a full degree :biggrin:
Reply 9
I'm a international student. I'm gonna be doing a international foundation course at a university in Manchester either salford or Manchester. However will I be able to get a student loan or any financial support to pay for the foundation course? The course is 1 year then I get put into a 4 year course HE.
Original post by ghassansn
I'm a international student. I'm gonna be doing a international foundation course at a university in Manchester either salford or Manchester. However will I be able to get a student loan or any financial support to pay for the foundation course? The course is 1 year then I get put into a 4 year course HE.

do you meet the residency requirements of 5 years otherwise you may be able to get a tution fee loan otherwise you wont be eligible for any support.