The Student Room Group

In2science placement interviews 2016

Hi, I just got an email from in2science saying I have an interview on the 28th, just wanted to ask if anyone else applied ? And If you have done the placement before , any advice and how did you find it ?

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! My interview is on the 29th and I applied for Chemical engineering :smile:
I'm really nervous since I have no other summer schools or placements but the email is 90% succes rate so Im going to stay hopeful!

What subject did you apply for?
Reply 2
Hey lads,

I've applied to In2Science and have been accepted for an Interview on the 29th. I'm pretty nervous, but the email does say that there is a 90% acceptence rate for those who have had an interview.

However, I have a problem;
1) I don't remember what I applied for (I think it was Biomedical Science and then Computer Science as a backup).
2) Since I think I applied for Biomedical Science, I think I need to have the Hepatitis B vaccine that was on the Parental Consent Letter. I haven't had the vaccine, so do you guys think I will get vaccinated by them before I apply?

- Anis
Reply 3
Original post by Epitype
Hey lads,

I've applied to In2Science and have been accepted for an Interview on the 29th. I'm pretty nervous, but the email does say that there is a 90% acceptence rate for those who have had an interview.

1) I don't remember what I applied for (I think it was Biomedical Science and then Computer Science as a backup).
2) Since I think I applied for Biomedical Science, I think I need to have the Hepatitis B vaccine that was on the Parental Consent Letter. I haven't had the vaccine, so do you guys think I will get vaccinated by them before I apply?

- Anis

Hmmm, that's a difficult question since I think it depends on how quickly you can make an appointment for the vaccination but it may be possible in the next 2 weeks. If you don't get the vaccination by the interview date then tell them during the interview and they may be able to give you some alternatives or make your first choice CompSci instead :smile:
Original post by semise
Hey! My interview is on the 29th and I applied for Chemical engineering :smile:
I'm really nervous since I have no other summer schools or placements but the email is 90% succes rate so Im going to stay hopeful!

What subject did you apply for?

Original post by Epitype
Hey lads,

- Anis

I can't remember what I applied for either, I think it was biomedical science but i'm not sure, and I think you should try get an appointment with your GP to get the vaccine ASAP and I don't think you get your placement for a while after interview, so if you just let your interview know the date you will be getting your vaccine I guess they can plan the dates of your placement accordingly.
Reply 5
Original post by nihil_nimis
I can't remember what I applied for either, I think it was biomedical science but i'm not sure, and I think you should try get an appointment with your GP to get the vaccine ASAP and I don't think you get your placement for a while after interview, so if you just let your interview know the date you will be getting your vaccine I guess they can plan the dates of your placement accordingly.

Have you had the vaccine, or are you planning on getting it?
Also, getting a vaccine means that I need to pay around £40 to get it because it says that the person that is doing the In2Science thing should provide the vaccination for you (source: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pages/hepatitis-b-vaccine.aspx)
Do you think it would be a wise idea to give them an email about the vaccination?

-Anis
Reply 6
Original post by semise
Hmmm, that's a difficult question since I think it depends on how quickly you can make an appointment for the vaccination but it may be possible in the next 2 weeks. If you don't get the vaccination by the interview date then tell them during the interview and they may be able to give you some alternatives or make your first choice CompSci instead :smile:

Thanks for the reply.
I think the best thing to do will be to email the about it and get some information from there. I won't be able to get any vaccinations within the next 2 weeks because I have exams during then.
I have a feeling that they provide you with the vaccination because, for example, just imagine you get vaccinated, but you get declined from the scheme.

-Anis
Original post by Epitype
Have you had the vaccine, or are you planning on getting it?
Also, getting a vaccine means that I need to pay around £40 to get it because it says that the person that is doing the In2Science thing should provide the vaccination for you (source: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/pages/hepatitis-b-vaccine.aspx)
Do you think it would be a wise idea to give them an email about the vaccination?

-Anis

No , I don't think I do have it but I was just going to ask them about it in the interview, and yeah I guess it wouldnt hurt to email them and ask.
I've got an interview as well, it's on the 29th of May but at 10.30pm ???
Did anyone else get around the same timing as me or am in the only one?
I just find 10.30 pm a bit strange :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by blck&burgundy

Probably worth emailing them to confirm it as I doubt you'd have an interview at 10pm lol.
I have mine at 12:30pm so yours is probably in the morning.
Reply 10
Original post by blck&burgundy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah when I first got the email it stayed 11:30pm so I emailed them and they said it was a mistake - it was meant to be 11:30am. I'm pretty sure it's the same for you cause that's very late for an interview! If you want to confirm it then send them an email - they replied back in literally 10 minutes for me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just applied for in2 science and how long did you take on your ps
Original post by semise
Yeah when I first got the email it stayed 11:30pm so I emailed them and they said it was a mistake - it was meant to be 11:30am. I'm pretty sure it's the same for you cause that's very late for an interview! If you want to confirm it then send them an email - they replied back in literally 10 minutes for me :smile:
Is your interview on the 29th too? I have it on the 29th at 11:30am.
Also, what did you apply for?
Reply 13
[QUOTE="Epitype;65130379"]
Original post by semise
Is your interview on the 29th too? I have it on the 29th at 11:30am.
Also, what did you apply for?

Yupp, 29th aswell!
I applied for chemical engineering, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="semise;65136507"]
Original post by Epitype

Yupp, 29th aswell!
I applied for chemical engineering, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biomedical Science! Hope to see you there.
Also, since you have to wear some formal clothes, what do you think you'll wear ?
I don't want to come overdressed or under dressed.
Reply 15
[QUOTE="Epitype;65137097"]
Original post by semise

Biomedical Science! Hope to see you there.
Also, since you have to wear some formal clothes, what do you think you'll wear ?
I don't want to come overdressed or under dressed.

Probably just a white blouse and black trousers, more towards causal but still formal I guess :smile:
Hope to see you there too, from the previous in2science posts there seems to be a presentation at the beginning and the interview is only 10 minutes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="semise;65141221"]
Original post by Epitype

Probably just a white blouse and black trousers, more towards causal but still formal I guess :smile:
Hope to see you there too, from the previous in2science posts there seems to be a presentation at the beginning and the interview is only 10 minutes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've also read about the Presentation prior to the interview being rather lengthy. At that time though, you can meet some lads.As for the clothing, I think I'll go for black trousers and blue blazer.Again, hope to see you there.
-Anis
For all the students who are unaware of the interview process or are a little scared/concerned with it, here is an email which I was sent that may alleviate your concerns.

"Dear Student,
Thank you for confirming your place for the upcoming interviews this weekend, we are looking forward to meeting you.
The interview format will be as follows:

- We will give you a short presentation on the in2scienceUK programme
- You will then have a short 1-on-1 interview where we will discuss your science interests.
You will be able to leave as soon as you have had your individual interview. We expect the entire process to take 30-45mins. Please do not feel worried about the interview as we are not looking to examine you. Rather, we would like to see your personality and enthusiasm for your subjects.
Last year a majority of students interviewed were offered an in2scienceUK placement.
I have attached the consent form you must print and bring alone with you to the interview.

Thank You"

See, there is no need to worry, they just want to know about you.
Good luck!

-Anis
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi everyone,
I got a interview Saturday the 28th at 10.30am. Anyone else on Saturday? Are you bringing anything with you?
Original post by mithi98
Hi everyone,
I got a interview Saturday the 28th at 10.30am. Anyone else on Saturday? Are you bringing anything with you?

Hello, i have an interview tomorrow at 12:30 for medicine, im not bringing anything but im quite nervousssss

Quick Reply

Latest