The Student Room Group

What do we need to memorise for the maths exam this week?

I know that maths is generally a subject where very little memorisation is needed, but there are still some topics that we have just been told to memorise.
So far I've got:

circle theorems

similar/congruent triangle rules

unit conversions

rules for plotting different types of graphs (eg. data for a frequency polygon is at the midpoints of each group)

frequency density = frequency / class width

speed = distance / time

density = mass / volume

angle and parallel line facts (eg. corresponding, alternate and vertically opposite angles)

f(x) graphs --> sketching or describing transformations

anything else? :smile:

EDIT: adding everything to the OP so everyone can see a full list :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
If you easily get histogram tables mixed up with cumulative frequency and possibly frequency polygons, you should probably try and memorise how to tell them apart
formulas such as speed=distance/time and frequency density= frequency/class width

I'd memories SOH CAH TOA if you haven't already done this, and understand which versions of the sin and cosine rule are for an angle, and which are for finding a side ( I need to do this one) :smile:
Reply 3
One commonly forgotten formula is the density = mass / volume ! You won't be given it.

You also need to remember angle facts and parallel line facts.. although that's mostly easy to remember.
Original post by surina16
I know that maths is generally a subject where very little memorisation is needed, but there are still some topics that we have just been told to memorise.
So far I've got:
- circle theorems
- similar/congruent triangle rules
- unit conversions

You have also got to remember to provide a urine sample
So far I've got:
- circle theorems
- similar/congruent triangle rules
- unit conversions

Fx graphs :smile:
Your too good at maths, you don't even have to revise :smile:
How is your physics revision ?
Original post by theunitedGOAT
You have also got to remember to provide a urine sample

cheers for that, will do
Original post by nisha.sri
Fx graphs :smile:
Your too good at maths, you don't even have to revise :smile:
How is your physics revision ?

thank you but I'm really not haha - actually quite nervous for the exam just because they could literally give you a question where you just have no idea how to tackle it :redface:
eh, really have not done much at all for physics - looked threw a few past papers that I did but now I'm just skimming over the mygcsescience videos (skipping past things I know etc) :s-smilie: You :smile:
cheers for that, will do

thank you for taking my advice, it would benefit you in the long term
thank you but I'm really not haha - actually quite nervous for the exam just because they could literally give you a question where you just have no idea how to tackle it :redface:
eh, really have not done much at all for physics - looked threw a few past papers that I did but now I'm just skimming over the mygcsescience videos (skipping past things I know etc) :s-smilie: You :smile:

I'm kinda nervous yeh true :smile:
Same here i've looked through the spec and notes
So far I've got:

circle theorems

similar/congruent triangle rules

unit conversions

rules for plotting different types of graphs (eg. data for a frequency polygon is at the midpoints of each group)

frequency density = frequency / class width

speed = distance / time

density = mass / volume

angle and parallel line facts (eg. corresponding, alternate and vertically opposite angles)

f(x) graphs --> sketching or describing transformations

EDIT: adding everything to the OP so everyone can see a full list :h:

Circle theorems
Circle circumference and area formulae - leave answers in terms of pi
They love trapezia - area is on formula page
Sum of exterior angles = 360, exterior angle = 360/number of sides, interior plus exterior angle = 180

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending