The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sameehaiqbal
15/20, you?

Is that accurate or just an estimate ? I got 14/20, To honest not sure how well I did in the Assignment and section 2. Hopefully we both did great with all that revision we both put in haha
Original post by 12345kiran
was the acceleration o the space craft 0.02 m/s^2

That's what I got
Can someone please tell me what our exam is actually out of?

I'm hearing something about scaling now....

How many marks would most likely be required for a C and an A grade.

Cheers.
For the question on will the heating element switch off, I said 9.7 V I thought it was a NPN transistor because I have never been taught this MOSFET thing or whatever it's called ;(
Original post by Ethan100
Have you got the answer for the 15 M.C and the reasoning behind it ?

Ball travels at a constant speed, then as it goes down the hill it begins to accelerate.

so pick the graph with constant speed first, then acceleration (going up)
Is that accurate or just an estimate ? I got 14/20, To honest not sure how well I did in the Assignment and section 2. Hopefully we both did great with all that revision we both put in haha

Well based on the answers on here I got 15/20 but I probably got 14/20 cos I'm not sure about one of them. Anyway I'm sure our hard work paid off. I revised this course to shreds and if I get a C or fail I will be very disappointed :frown:
Well based on the answers on here I got 15/20 but I probably got 14/20 cos I'm not sure about one of them. Anyway I'm sure our hard work paid off. I revised this course to shreds and if I get a C or fail I will be very disappointed :frown:

What question are you unsure about ?
Original post by A+Hunter
Ball travels at a constant speed, then as it goes down the hill it begins to accelerate.

so pick the graph with constant speed first, then acceleration (going up)

Yeah I sadly thought it started at rest but it was from a certain point :frown:
Original post by A+Hunter
Can someone please tell me what our exam is actually out of?

I'm hearing something about scaling now....

How many marks would most likely be required for a C and an A grade.

Cheers.

It's out of 100 but they scale the mark down for section B from 90 to 60 marks. I'm not too sure about the process myself but this is what it says on the SQA course specifications :frown: i hope this doesn't affect our overall grade...
47/100 for a C
68/100 for an A
Original post by alex5023
Yesssss please do!!!!!🙏🏻

I have messaged him on Edmodo. I'll let you know if he gets back to me. If not I start school gain in a few days and I'll go to him then because I'm taking higher physics.

Edit: @.Jeff458 do you have any idea how the scaling of marking works?
(edited 7 years ago)
I have messaged him on Edmodo. I'll let you know if he gets back to me. If not I start school gain in a few days and I'll go to him then because I'm taking higher physics

Thank you so much! I don't think I'd be able to wait until results day. 😓
.Jeff458 How did you do in Nat 5 Physics ? I'm not feeling too confident :frown:
Original post by alex5023
Thank you so much! I don't think I'd be able to wait until results day. 😓

Me neither its like almost 3 months away still :/ lol
.Jeff458 How did you do in Nat 5 Physics ? I'm not feeling too confident :frown:

He got an A obviously, cleverclogs

Edit: @.Jeff458 do you have any idea how the scaling of marking works?

Oh they get your mark out of 90 for part B so for example 78/90 then just multiply it by 2/3 to make it out of 60 ie 52/60

I feel I have a slight chance of getting an A if the assignment was good. I don't know now after this whole scaling thing. Do they allow you to do Higher if you get a b or even a C ?

I heard him say he did get an A. I got a B last year but I should have got an A, just wasn't on my game that day haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RossB1702
I heard him say he did get an A. I got a B last year but I should have got an A, just wasn't on my game that day haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you take Higher Physics ? What do you think of the course in comparison to Nat 5 ? Feedback is appreciated !
I feel I have a slight chance of getting an A if the assignment was good. I don't know now after this whole scaling thing. Do they allow you to do Higher if you get a b or even a C ?

Yeah they do there was 3 people in my physics class that got Cs last year and the still did it but they all have either left or dropped the subject this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At my school they want you to get a B however luckily i have a good relationship with my teacher - he said he'll let me do it if i get a C looool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending