The Student Room Group

2016 Official AQA New Spec AS Level Physics Paper 1 - 24th of May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by syns994
Question was
1.5v battery is replaced with one with significant internal resistance. explain why the value on the voltmemter at A and B doesnt change

No basically the voltage in parallel is the same therefore the potential difference between the two sides will always be 0 as the volts are equal in parallel. Even if it is replaced by a battery with significant internal resistance the difference in volts will still equal 0, because in parallel the voltage is the same
Reply 941
Original post by studentabcde
I got 0.79 as well

I got -60.% point something
Reply 942
Original post by studentabcde
I got 0.79 as well

I got -60.% point something.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by M.o.o
No basically the voltage in parallel is the same therefore the potential difference between the two sides will always be 0 as the volts are equal in parallel. Even if it is replaced by a battery with significant internal resistance the difference in volts will still equal 0, because in parallel the voltage is the same

I guessed that one and just put it'll always be zero think I'll get a mark? That was the only question I was unsure on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 944
Original post by Fugro123
I guessed that one and just put it'll always be zero think I'll get a mark? That was the only question I was unsure on

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should get at least 1 mark for that (i think it was out of 2 marks)
Sorry if people have already asked, but is there an uniffivial mark scheme?
Original post by M.o.o
You should get at least 1 mark for that (i think it was out of 2 marks)

Sweet! Also what did you get for the stopping voltage or whatever it was called?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 947

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you get for the percentage change in the diameter of the probe?
I got -60 (point something) %
Reply 948
Sweet! Also what did you get for the stopping voltage or whatever it was called?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the stopping voltage i did my previous answer (the maximum kenetic energy) devided by the charge of an electron however i'm unsure.
Original post by M.o.o
For the stopping voltage i did my previous answer (the maximum kenetic energy) devided by the charge of an electron however i'm unsure.

Pretty sure thats right
Reply 950
Original post by somerandomer654
Sorry if people have already asked, but is there an uniffivial mark scheme?

Not yet😐😑
Reply 951
Pretty sure thats right

Reply 952
Grade boundary predictions??
Original post by M.o.o

I completely screwed that up, got ot wrong and still don't know it :frown:
Original post by M.o.o

That's what I did so that's makes me a bit more confident

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marldor
I put A and D, as an elevator wire cannot stretch. And D because a bungee wire cannot plastically deform, and must stretch easily

I put A for the lift too, but thinking about it I don't think you could use a brittle material. Theres a reason why the cables aren't made from ceramic...
Part of the unofficial mark scheme has been posted in another thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4115771

That's the link to it ^
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by elizabethkeay
I put A for the lift too, but thinking about it I don't think you could use a brittle material. Theres a reason why the cables aren't made from ceramic...

Pretty sure it was B for lift and C for Bungee.

A is too brittle, will snap the second someone steps in lift, needs to strain a little to accoint for weight, but not to much.

C for Bungee as it strains and won't snap easily. Also wont strain so much thay the person hits the ground, which is what would happend with D

(My answer, maybe wrong)
Pretty sure it was B for lift and C for Bungee.

A is too brittle, will snap the second someone steps in lift, needs to strain a little to accoint for weight, but not to much.

C for Bungee as it strains and won't snap easily. Also wont strain so much thay the person hits the ground, which is what would happend with D

(My answer, maybe wrong)

Yeah I agree does anyone fancy comparing their answers privately with me or something? Desperate to speak to somebody about the paper!
Original post by elizabethkeay
Yeah I agree does anyone fancy comparing their answers privately with me or something? Desperate to speak to somebody about the paper!

Check the unoffocial mark scheme, collective effort to make it. Might find everything there

Quick Reply

Latest