The Student Room Group

How was Geography (AQA A)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous20000
I drew a cross section one and labelled it, then drew a birds eye view one and labelled that

Oh right well that tells me i messed it up :frown: Thank you anyway!
What was the 8marker on restless earth again ?
Original post by Azarhuntttt
I know that is why I'm asking would I get any marks for labelling some effects and only that reason ??

oh sorry and yes you will probs get 3 marks ?
Original post by rihana.c
I think the second paper is out of 84 because we have spag marks for human paper

Oh right okay i didn't know that! thank you for correcting me :smile:
Original post by j.bolding2
oh sorry and yes you will probs get 3 marks ?

Okay thank you and any idea on how many I would get on the living world case study with me mixing the information up ? I think some could be used for both deserts so I was hoping for at least 4
Original post by Azarhuntttt
Okay thank you and any idea on how many I would get on the living world case study with me mixing the information up ? I think some could be used for both deserts so I was hoping for at least 4

i do not do the living world sorry i do coasts, restless and water on the land
Original post by Perfection Ace
For the question about a case study about fold mountains, in the question, it said discuss how people living there are adapted to difficult living styles or w/e. Therefore, I didn't write about HEP, Mining, Tourism and Farming for uses. I had revised adaptations the day before and some points I included were:

-High slopes had infertile soil - therefore, llamas and goats are farmed there
-Consequently, the lower slopes had fertile soil, therefore crops could be grown there
- Limited communications - roads were long and would take ages traveling, therefore, they were adapted to this by building tunnels through the mountains for shortcuts.
-Because they live near mountains and there are hazards such as avalanches - they adapted to this by building large trees to absorb the impact.

So yeah, I think I'm literally the only one who put those down. Either I'm the only one who got that question right, or everyone else got it right and I didn't.......:redface:

*ps, in the spec it says candidates should be aware of how people are ADAPTED to living in tough, extreme places*

Well done to everyone nonetheless! :smile:

Woo we put the same :tongue: I was getting worried looking at what other people had put.
Original post by amanii_ox
GEOGRAPHY AQA A PEOPLE!! HIGHER...

THE FIRST QUESTION IN THE LITTLE TABLE,...
it asked something like 24^ WEST and sometreitng 65^NORTH or something like that, they asked what volcano or something was on the map

it was mount saint hellens
Reply 168
Original post by 123moon
Oh right okay i didn't know that! thank you for correcting me :smile:
#

That's okay, good luck for the next exam :smile:
Reply 169
I think that it wasnt too hard i did coasts, rivers and tectonics and i found the tectonics and the sea level rise question rise and possibly the meander question a little difficult but apart from that it wasnt that bad
Original post by luciie
Woo we put the same :tongue: I was getting worried looking at what other people had put.

Ayeee, hopefully it actually is the right answer xD
I drew the glacier n that and put terminal moraine, lateral moraine cos y not, meltwater streams, erratics and retreating glacier
If I get an 'A' in CA, 'B' grade in P-GEO what will I need in H-GEO to get an overall 'B'?
Original post by soccerdude007
I think the grade boundaries will be similar to 2014 with slight increase of the D-B grade boundaries.

A*-49
A-43
B-37
C-31
D-25

Is this the raw mark out of 75?
Original post by RKtothesky
It's OK! And, If you want, I can send you some of my Human GEO notes e.g. Population Change, Development Gap if you want me to, to help you out, with the A*.
xx :smile:

Ahh it's fine dw! Thanks for being so nice though, really put me in a good mood☺️ x
Original post by RKtothesky
If I get an 'A' in CA, 'B' grade in P-GEO what will I need in H-GEO to get an overall 'B'?

It all depends on your UMS really, if those two grades are far into the boundary you will probably need a low b!
Omg one girl in my year tried to answer the WHOLE paper.. lol i was dying
Original post by Job738338
Shut up you prick

ffs everyone did different topics and some people found it harder than others?? no need to be a boastful dick about it
Original post by blossomhibbert
ffs everyone did different topics and some people found it harder than others?? no need to be a boastful dick about it

oops replied to the wrong thing😂
constructive waves have a strong swash so for tht question I put constructive waves-- is this right???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending