The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics 2015-2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RossB1702
Yeah they do there was 3 people in my physics class that got Cs last year and the still did it but they all have either left or dropped the subject this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was it because they didn't enjoy it or they didn't have the knowledge and understanding needed ?
Original post by Ethan100
Do you take Higher Physics ? What do you think of the course in comparison to Nat 5 ? Feedback is appreciated !

Nat 5 physics is just kinda like a training course for higher. Higher involves more problem solving and expands on the stuff you did in Nat 5, like forces and electricity questions. Over all higher physics is a good course and if you enjoyed Nat 5 and are good at physics and if you put the effort in you should do also do well in higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alex5023
Oh they get your mark out of 90 for part B so for example 78/90 then just multiply it by 2/3 to make it out of 60 ie 52/60

Aaaah thank you so much xx
Original post by sameehaiqbal
At my school they want you to get a B however luckily i have a good relationship with my teacher - he said he'll let me do it if i get a C looool

hahaha. You got them cheats and VIP pass :P
Nat 5 physics is just kinda like a training course for higher. Higher involves more problem solving and expands on the stuff you did in Nat 5, like forces and electricity questions. Over all higher physics is a good course and if you enjoyed Nat 5 and are good at physics and if you put the effort in you should do also do well in higher.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there much of Radioactivity ? Please say No
Was it because they didn't enjoy it or they didn't have the knowledge and understanding needed ?

I think all 3 of them found it difficult. But 2 of them left because they wanted to leave school and get an apprenticeship and one of them didn't like or care for the subject I think and didn't want to do anything related to it at uni or in their future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hahaha. You got them cheats and VIP pass :P

Well kind of. When I went this morning to revise with him he kept blabbering on about transistors and mosfets when I didn't even mention transistors so it's like he was telling me "Transistors are gonna be in the exam" and he showed me a transistor in a circuit and guess what - it came up in the exam.

I dunno if he just didn't realise or if he was genuinely trying to make me score a few extra marks xD

Absolute none. The stuff that is in Nat 5 that isn't in higher is pressure, absorbed dose, equivalent dose, activity. But there is nuclear reactions with fission and fusion but they're fairly straightforward and they're a good 5 marker to get in the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well kind of. When I went this morning to revise with him he kept blabbering on about transistors and mosfets when I didn't even mention transistors so it's like he was telling me "Transistors are gonna be in the exam" and he showed me a transistor in a circuit and guess what - it came up in the exam.

I dunno if he just didn't realise or if he was genuinely trying to make me score a few extra marks xD

He probably helped make the paper and works for the SQA. Giving you some cheeky hints

WHATS A MOSFET ??!? All I have ever done is NPN Transistor ?
He probably helped make the paper and works for the SQA. Giving you some cheeky hints

Yeah he's the head of science lmao so he does probabaly go to all these sqa meetings It's a transistor that operates above 2.0 V and NPN transistor is one that only operates above 0.7v

My teacher claimed he knew a guy who makes the papers. He hinted at instantaneous speed coming up this year and it never did :/

Electricity questions are a large part of the course though, and they get a lot harder in higher. If you're not strong on them I would really recommend practicing them a lot in higher and they'll be worth well over 20 marks in the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolute none. The stuff that is in Nat 5 that isn't in higher is pressure, absorbed dose, equivalent dose, activity. But there is nuclear reactions with fission and fusion but they're fairly straightforward and they're a good 5 marker to get in the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

YASSSSSSSS, I'm loving higher already :biggrin:
Electricity questions are a large part of the course though, and they get a lot harder in higher. If you're not strong on them I would really recommend practicing them a lot in higher and they'll be worth well over 20 marks in the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love fission and fusion <3
Yeah he's the head of science lmao so he does probabaly go to all these sqa meetings It's a transistor that operates above 2.0 V and NPN transistor is one that only operates above 0.7v

I said that the heating element will switch off if the voltage is lower than 0.7 V ? We were never taught transistors. 2 days ago I checked the marking scheme for a similar question (It was either the 2014/2015 paper) but it never had an exact value.
Original post by A+Hunter
:/

I absolutely ****ing hate electricity. It's a load of bull****. Don't understand ****ing **** on electricity. I'm going to get my parents to get my tuition for Higher Physics for the electricity topic. I can already sense the failure.
I love fission and fusion <3

Yep they're really good questions to have in an exam. Basically it gives you a reaction an you get the mass of LHS and the mass RHS and then you take the smaller mass away from the bigger mass and then do E=mc^2 to get the energy released in the reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I said that the heating element will switch off if the voltage is lower than 0.7 V ? We were never taught transistors. 2 days ago I checked the marking scheme for a similar question (It was either the 2014/2015 paper) but it never had an exact value.

You wont get a mark for that because the transistor in this circuit in the exam was a MOSFET. But 0.7 is lower than 2.0 so i don't really know. They may be lenient and give you the mark??
I absolutely ****ing hate electricity. It's a load of bull****. Don't understand ****ing **** on electricity. I'm going to get my parents to get my tuition for Higher Physics for the electricity topic. I can already sense the failure.

Same :/

It's the worst topic in Nat 5 Physics by far. I just hate the circuit bits. Don't mind some power equations tho. Will take them anyday of the week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending