The Student Room Group

OCR Latin AS 2015

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone remember all the questions?
Original post by james..michael
Can anyone remember all the questions?

I can't remember all the questions. I think the ten pointers were something like: 'how does Cicero attack the conduct of officials and commanders other than Pompey?' and 'what impression of Bacchus does Ovid present?'.
How did everyone find today's paper? I thought the two essay questions were awful!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by teenhorrorstory
It might have been actually.

I thought it could've been 'non modo'(not only) cause that highlights how Pompey was definitely better than all the men of his time, and also of the past.
Unus probably makes more sense though

I put unus but I translated it as alone- do you think this is right??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheClassicsGeek
I put unus but I translated it as alone- do you think this is right??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unus is translated as alone in that section, so if 'unus' is the word they're looking for then it'd be right
Is it really 80% for an A? I really wanna know my scoressss
Does anyone else think 80% is too high? I mean, the content of the subject is far more than most? Surely?
Original post by stripedbox
Is it really 80% for an A? I really wanna know my scoressss

I think last year it was 76/100 for an A on the lit paper, and 80/100 on language
Original post by teenhorrorstory
I think last year it was 76/100 for an A on the lit paper, and 80/100 on language

Oh ok! I so hope I made the A. I tried so hard
Original post by fablereader
I can't remember all the questions. I think the ten pointers were something like: 'how does Cicero attack the conduct of officials and commanders other than Pompey?' and 'what impression of Bacchus does Ovid present?'.

What was the paper out of? 100?
What was the paper out of? 100?

100 for both papers
Does anybody remember what the answer to the VERY first question was?
It was about two sets of people???
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anybody remember what the answer to the VERY first question was?
It was about two sets of people???

Oh, the "who were the two sets of people Pompey surpassed" one? I put the answer down as "those who live now and the memories of old/people in the past" or something.
Original post by roarchika
Oh, the "who were the two sets of people Pompey surpassed" one? I put the answer down as "those who live now and the memories of old/people in the past" or something.

Ah yeah, for some reason that one threw me! I think I wrote 'generals, and citizens'
Oops
For the ovid translation, would I lose a mark for keeping Liber as Liber instead of changing it to Bacchus? Liber is another name for Bacchus so I just left it
Original post by fablereader

Where was the Cicero Latin-English translation taken from? Could you tell me where in the text it was?
Where was the Cicero Latin-English translation taken from? Could you tell me where in the text it was?

Part 27/28

The part that goes ' what reason is there that could make anyone have doubt in their mind......'

It was right at the start. But now, when there is Gn Pompey alone....

Sorry, I can't remember where it was from. I know I saw sections that were in the late 30s (maybe 36-38), but that section didn't have the translation question. I have a vague recollection of seeing sections 28-30, but that may have been from the 2015 paper, not the 2016 paper (the one we just did). My memory is just going blank.

Edit: everyone else seems to be confirming sections 28-30 or thereabouts, so that's it. Now I actually remember, there was a style essay for that.
(edited 7 years ago)
It was right at the start. But now, when there is Gn Pompey alone....

Actually I think teenhorrorstory is right. Sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending