The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology A2 Scientific Article June 2016

Scroll to see replies

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...-aids-11271853 <<
JUNE 2016 FACTORY OF LIFE SCIENTIFIC ARTICLE EDEXCEL QUESTION 7 QUESTIONS, ANSWERS AND VIUAL AIDS
Hey, I need an A* in edexcel bio, does anyone know what that means in terms of UMS? I've heard conflicting things, and there's nothing on the website. Do I need 90%+ average over the A2 units (and 80% average over the whole A level), or 90% average over the whole A level (all units)? Help would be appreciated, thanks! :smile:
Original post by BENJISAURUS
Hey, I need an A* in edexcel bio, does anyone know what that means in terms of UMS? I've heard conflicting things, and there's nothing on the website. Do I need 90%+ average over the A2 units (and 80% average over the whole A level), or 90% average over the whole A level (all units)? Help would be appreciated, thanks! :smile:

You need to get an A overall (across all units) and you need 90% UMS only in your A2 units... For example, if you got 90% in your AS, but 89% in A2, you would only get an A.
Original post by A2ScienceGuy
You need to get an A overall (across all units) and you need 90% UMS only in your A2 units... For example, if you got 90% in your AS, but 89% in A2, you would only get an A.

I have a 257/300 in AS level. How much do I need to get an A* in A2?
Reply 24
Original post by Sandy_Vega30
I have a 257/300 in AS level. How much do I need to get an A* in A2?

270/300!
It doesn't matter what UMS you have in AS, all you need is 90% in A2.
So, in AS you just want 240/300 (which you already have) for an A* in A2.
Thanks guys! :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Ladymusiclover
It's all about genetic engineering. :frown:

Hey do you know wat other topics might be coming up that we might have to revise for from unit 2 and in general
Original post by xdaryaxx
Hey do you know wat other topics might be coming up that we might have to revise for from unit 2 and in general

Bacteria and eukaryotic cell structure, gene therapy, fossil fuels/greenhouse gases, stem cells and their differentiation, transcription and translation, switching genes on or off/translators, drug trials, insulin and glucose, cell cycle/mitosis stages, DNA and it's structure, biofuels, cell mediated and humoral response/ cytotoxic cells, nitrogen cycle (some of the topics mentioned aren't in our spec but it's mentioned in the article). :smile:
Reply 28
Bacteria and eukaryotic cell structure, gene therapy, fossil fuels/greenhouse gases, stem cells and their differentiation, transcription and translation, switching genes on or off/translators, drug trials, insulin and glucose, cell cycle/mitosis stages, DNA and it's structure, biofuels, cell mediated and humoral response/ cytotoxic cells, nitrogen cycle (some of the topics mentioned aren't in our spec but it's mentioned in the article). :smile:

Thank you so much.
Reply 29
Thank you so much.

Do you think it will be good enough to just revise those topics or shall I read the articl too ?!?!
Do you think it will be good enough to just revise those topics or shall I read the articl too ?!?!

Go over the article it'll put everything into perspective.
Reply 31
Could someone please assist me with model questions related the article , if you guys have any . thanks :smile:
Does anyone have a list of possible questions please?
I dont know what the hell im doing with the article. Someone please help me... My teacher barely touched it. i know its comprehension but why are people preparing for it? How do you prepare for it? Ive read the article I dont know what to do next

Go over the article it'll put everything into perspective.

Original post by Aimen.
270/300!
It doesn't matter what UMS you have in AS, all you need is 90% in A2.
So, in AS you just want 240/300 (which you already have) for an A* in A2.

Original post by BENJISAURUS

Original post by A2ScienceGuy
Learn mitosis, stem cells, hydrogen fuel, biofuel, transcription factors, global warming, eukaryotic/prokaryotic cell differences and similarities, human genome project, DNA semiconservative replication, protein synthesis, genetic modification, bacteria, nitrogen cycle, cancer cell characteristics, immune cells, phases of drug trials, diabetes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending