The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainzistheword
I'm sure you'll do really well - I wish you the best of lcuk

Thank you xxx
Good luck for biology!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made notes on to his coy mistress for poetry exam friday going to do biology b3 cloning soon test is tomorrow wish me luck
I'm sure you'll do really well - I wish you the best of lcuk

Yeah it was better than I thought and yes looking at the boundaries it shouldn't seem too difficult to get high grades. I'm going to be revising like mad over half term to try and secure as much knowledge as possible.

What is you next exam? :smile:

Ah that's good then and hopefully, we'll just have to see. Same haha although these past 2 weeks have been hectic anyway...

My next exam is Physics P1 P2 P3 tomorrow, nice easy 2 days ahead :smile:
Original post by NiamhM1801
Ah that's good then and hopefully, we'll just have to see. Same haha although these past 2 weeks have been hectic anyway...

My next exam is Physics P1 P2 P3 tomorrow, nice easy 2 days ahead :smile:

Yes they've been stressful but most of my exams are after half term, although I still have 3 this week. Biology tomorrow :smile:

Good luck in Physics - do you feel confident? :biggrin:
Yes they've been stressful but most of my exams are after half term, although I still have 3 this week. Biology tomorrow :smile:

Good luck in Physics - do you feel confident? :biggrin:

Yeah Physics is an easy one for me and it's supposedly the easiest 3 units (although I find P456 easier :tongue:) and Maths on Thursday will be a breeze :biggrin:

I've got 3 left this week too - they're going so fast it's scary to think I've already sat 7!!

Are you confident for Biology? Good luck with it! :h:
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Does anyone do AQA business ? I just wanted some clarity on how to structure answers in order to get full marks. So that would be the 4 mark, 5 mark, 6 mark and 9 mark. Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do, exam tomorrow 😬, for 4 markers it usually just answer the question with either two reasons or examples unless it's states one in which case just develop your answer. For 5 mark question do the same but add in context about the case e.g if it's a far then say sell more eggs. For 6 marker refer to case study and also normally include two parts. For nine markers CASE STUDYnis key make sure it is in CONTEXT!! Also stick to your decision and try finish with a conclusion that highlights a new point. Hope this helps and good luck 👍🏻
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I started feeling ill after an hour past the exam. I didn't feel nervous or anything before or whilst the exam. I feel a bit better though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! Maybe it was a cold.
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done !! I'm sure you will do really well on Poetry. Well done !!

Thank you!
Original post by ellamoon_22
Made notes on to his coy mistress for poetry exam friday going to do biology b3 cloning soon test is tomorrow wish me luck

Well done today! Good luck!:smile:
Update 24/05/2016
For some reason, I'm exciting for my maths exam! And it's not till Thursday! I just hope Edexcel won't though me off though:biggrin:

- Catherine character
- Catherine and Eddie relationship
- analysis of the whole play
- analysed the kiss scene
- did some A* questions for maths
- Science completed C3 paper
- history revised important people
Today I have:
-Made full notes on Physics P1. Got P2 and P3 as well as the 2015 paper to do in the morning :smile:

How do you all manage to do so much? I'm on study leave and I do nothing compared to all of you haha
Yeah Physics is an easy one for me and it's supposedly the easiest 3 units (although I find P456 easier :tongue:) and Maths on Thursday will be a breeze :biggrin:

I've got 3 left this week too - they're going so fast it's scary to think I've already sat 7!!

Are you confident for Biology? Good luck with it! :h:

That's really good - I'll have done 6 by the end of the week but not looking forward to Biology it's my worst science out of them all

good luck for Physics :smile:
JOINT UPDATE
So it's been a bit hectic but here's a little catch-up on what I've done over the last few days:

Every single Geography physical paper

Of Mice and Men revision (never have to do it again - yay!!)

Biology b1-3 revision and past papers

Maths past papers

AIC and Heroes revision

JOINT UPDATE
So it's been a bit hectic but here's a little catch-up on what I've done over the last few days:

Maths past papers

AIC and Heroes revision

Original post by sahra30013
Update 24/05/2016
For some reason, I'm exciting for my maths exam! And it's not till Thursday! I just hope Edexcel won't though me off though:biggrin:

- Catherine character
- Catherine and Eddie relationship
- analysis of the whole play
- analysed the kiss scene
- did some A* questions for maths
- Science completed C3 paper
- history revised important people

Well done !! You guys have worked so hard :smile:
UPDATE 24/05/16:
I've done my Geography unit 1 paper today and it was good. Today i'm revising for P1 for my exam tomorrow.

1. Specification.
2. All of my Notes

Mainly looked through all of my notes - just went over it again and again. I had a really bad tummy ache but i tried :biggrin: It's all better today thank god !
(edited 7 years ago)
JOINT UPDATE

Maths past papers

AIC and Heroes revision

Wow...how on earth did you manage all this in a few days? You've got some superpowers or something haha :smile:

I didn't even do one geography paper - I looked at them all but that was only to make predictions which ended up being mostly inaccurate anyway!
That's really good - I'll have done 6 by the end of the week but not looking forward to Biology it's my worst science out of them all

good luck for Physics :smile:

Ah you should be fine with the amount of revision you've done and they might even surprise you - OCR seem to have been very nice this year so far. Also I was dreading chemistry (my worst science by a mile) but it ended up going really well so you probably have nothing to worry about :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Wow...how on earth did you manage all this in a few days? You've got some superpowers or something haha :smile:

I didn't even do one geography paper - I looked at them all but that was only to make predictions which ended up being mostly inaccurate anyway!

Ah you should be fine with the amount of revision you've done and they might even surprise you - OCR seem to have been very nice this year so far. Also I was dreading chemistry (my worst science by a mile) but it ended up going really well so you probably have nothing to worry about :smile:

Thank you :smile:

I've no idea how I managed those papers, but I just did them to get an idea of what the marks were given for :smile: (I don't think I have superpowers but I haven't really checked :biggrin:)

Glad to hear about your chemistry, I have only done the ICT by OCR and that was pretty good so hopefullly I should be okay :smile:
Well done !! You guys have worked so hard :smile:

UPDATE 24/05/16:
I've done my Geography unit 1 paper today and it was good. Today i'm revising for P1 for my exam tomorrow.

1. Specification.
2. All of my Notes

Mainly looked through all of my notes - just went over it again and again. I had a really bad tummy ache but i tried :biggrin: It's all better today thank god !

Thank you and well done - good luck in your exams next :smile:
Hi, physics is by far my strongest science so I'll help you out :biggrin:

What I'm doing, as dull as is sounds, is literally handwriting the specification except for the bits where it says 'explain why...' I'm changing that to the actual revision guide/bbc bitesize explanation. I'll then get to the end of one unit, and read through it all again and highlight the really important stuff, then I'll do a past paper but only the questions of the units I've just revised and stopping when it gets to the start of the next one. I'll then mark it and note down what my weaknesses were in order to later come back to them. I'll then do the next unit etc.

When I've done the paper completely I'll have a mark out of 60 similar to if I actually sat that paper.

After a while (usually the next day) I'll do a full past paper in exam conditions and then mark it - I tried to get the 2015 ones as best practise. Managed to for chemistry didn't for biology but I'm trying for physics! If not then I go really old (Jan 2012 usually) as we've done all the recent ones at school so it won't be accurate. I'll then mark it and write down all my weaknesses.

Then I'll go over my weaknesses again to make sure that I've got them sorted.

This usually happens the day before my exam for the first bit, then the last 2 happen on the day of the exam. However I wouldn't recommend leaving it this late as it is not a lot of time at all and relies on you having an afternoon exam which might not always be the case.

Hopefully this has helped, this is how I do it and it might not suit everyone. :smile:

Thank-you very much Niamh :smile: your tips seem really helpful and I appreciate the time taken to write this :smile: Yeah I will try out your strategies for my mocks and see what happens :smile: do you think it is a good idea to start revising for my year eleven mocks in the summer holidays? I really badly mucked up by end of year ten exams - due to lack of preparation, so do you think that it would be worth it in starting early? My year eleven mocks are in November by the way :smile:

Thank-you again for your advice
Hello everyone, how do you revise for the writing component of a foreign language GCSE exam? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thank-you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest