The Student Room Group

I'm deliberately failing my exams AMA

I'm going out of my way to make sure I don't meet my offer, as the title says AMA.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by intelligent con
I'm going out of my way to make sure I don't meet my offer AMA.

then someone else will take your place unless you wanna go to uclan
Why are you doing this?
Any particular reason?
Reply 4
I'm going out of my way to make sure I don't meet my offer, as the title says AMA.

You're not, this is possibly the worst attempt at a troll thread that you've created yet.
Nah I'm sure you won't have to actively try in order to fail
Original post by Sana_Akram
Why are you doing this?

Original post by homeland.lsw
Any particular reason?
Don't want to go to my firm choice, would be much happier to end up going to my insurance or even going through clearing.
Don't want to go to my firm choice, would be much happier to end up going to my insurance or even going through clearing.

But if you meet your firm choice, don't you automatically meet your insurance? What's the point in failing? You can always just reject your firms offer?

Spoiler

Some people have troubles getting out of their firm choice and here I am wondering if I'll be able to get even one decent uni when I apply.
Original post by homeland.lsw
But if you meet your firm choice, don't you automatically meet your insurance? What's the point in failing? You can always just reject your firms offer?

Spoiler

nah if you meet your firm you can't decide to switch to insurance at the last minute, besides it would mean my parents won't be able to moan about me choosing my insurance over my firm.
Reply 10

I'm pretty sure you have a choice at the end of the day
Stupid idea tbh. You can still decline the place you firmed on results day. Instead of failing your exams.
Original post by OGGUS
I'm pretty sure you have a choice at the end of the day
Nope says here "Remember, you'll only attend your insurance choice course if you don't meet the conditions of your firm choice, but you do meet the conditions of your insurance. You can't choose between your firm and insurance when you get your results, so make sure you're happy with which is your firm and which is your insurance before you reply."
Reply 13
Nope says here "Remember, you'll only attend your insurance choice course if you don't meet the conditions of your firm choice, but you do meet the conditions of your insurance. You can't choose between your firm and insurance when you get your results, so make sure you're happy with which is your firm and which is your insurance before you reply."

That's a bit mean
Moronic thing to do. As long as you ask before results day, you can, with permission from your insurance choice, ask your firm university to reject you. Your insurance choice will then automatically become your firm.

Very good idea!!
Hopefully you will convert many people.
:crazy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending