The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Unit 1 Business Studies unofficial markscheme

Hi!
I am revising for the business papers and hoping to get an A* on tickbox and and A on written, and hopefully get an A* overall due to my coursework. What I'm wondering is, is how are you revising for the business exams? And does anyone have any predictions of what could come up??
Thanks a lot :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope I do well on the multiple choice, I am using my revision guide and just past papers! I hope I get an A overall! Nervous though!
Tips? Need an A in this :frown:
Original post by Sierra-
Hi!
I am revising for the business papers and hoping to get an A* on tickbox and and A on written, and hopefully get an A* overall due to my coursework. What I'm wondering is, is how are you revising for the business exams? And does anyone have any predictions of what could come up??
Thanks a lot :smile:

From my understanding it really varies each year. I can't remember which years I'm referring to, but across two consecutive years, an A* in one was 36, and then in the next it was 39!! (with 38 being an A)

I don't think they could push it up to a full 40/40 for unit 1 though, so I'd say a a safe score would be 38(ish)
Reply 4
I'm not really revising for multi choice it is honestly common sense in most areas. And I have physics so I am prioritising that.
But I'm going over the types of tax tomorrow morning and also long term short term finances as these are what I sometimes find difficult.
Reply 5
They often try to include topics that are relative (and kinda trendy) in a way. For example the UK is in a recession at the moment so expect questions to do with the UK's economic activity and how it affects the costs to small businesses. Remember, is there is a low interest rate, there will be more consumer spending and less saving. In terms of how and what to revise, it never too late to do 2 or a few of the latest business exams and mark them. as long as its not 'cramming it in'. It is also very important to get enough sleep for tomorrow and to have breakfast.

I hope this helps and good luck!

moe, student.
I usually get 38-39 on multiple choice but I'm still going to revise around 10pm for an hour hopefully I'll get an A* overall cos I've got physics tomorrow too. The things about unit 1 is there are loads of distractions that can trip you up when you think you did the right thing.
Well it's multiple choice and it's tomorrow (25th May). Write down your answers on a piece of paper or on your calculator xD
I will post the answers that I get after the exam tomorrow! Good luck :smile:

1. B = £-4000
2. BE = Financing, Legal issues
3. A = Flexible hours
4. CD = Increase Product Range, Higher more staff
5. AC = Marketing, Failure of competition
6. BD = 37% of 35YO, 112 pay under £6
7. D = Luxury filling
8. BCF = Bad weather, gvt report, High wages
9. AD = Proof of ownership, insurance policy 20 years
10. BE = Customer orientation and overexpansion
11. D = Creative thinking (Lateral)
12. CE = Loss of control, Disagreements with Shareholders
13. BE = Less consumer spending, higher chance of insolvency
14. AD = ?
15. D = Raw Materials
16. BE = Willingness to train, Work well in team
17. 4400, 4850, 6300
18. CE = Job description, application form
19. CE = Eatablished brand, better chance of survival
20. C, D, A, H and E
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
I usually finish this exam within 10 minutes and considering we have 45 minutes in total I'll try and remember a few answers lol
Original post by JoshuaE
I usually finish this exam within 10 minutes and considering we have 45 minutes in total I'll try and remember a few answers lol

If you have a Casio calculator just click 'alpha' followed by the letters. Put commas/dashes between each question. That's what I am doing and so is a lot of other people!
Original post by Jono-Wolf
If you have a Casio calculator just click 'alpha' followed by the letters. Put commas/dashes between each question. That's what I am doing and so is a lot of other people!

Ah okay will do
I have done all the past papers for Business unit 1. But like many others, need to prioritise Physics :/
Which other unit are you doing, because my Unit 5 exam is June 10th?
Just make sure you use all of the time you have and keep going over your answers, if you're stuck leave the question and answer it last when you've finished the ones you're confident with because you'll have more time! Hope this helps :smile:
A few tricky questions so let's try and compile an unofficial markscheme
1 B
2 B (and maybe E?)
3 A
patent Q - Right of ownership of an invention
the option about 20 years protection
Original post by bubblegum219
patent Q - Right of ownership of an invention
the option about 20 years protection

I thought a patent is 10 years or it isn't an insurance policy?? I definitely got the ownership
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ollie1999
I thought a patent is 10 years or it isn't an insurance policy?? I definitely got the ownership

It's the ownership of process or invention and rights to use
Reply 17
Original post by Ollie1999
I thought a patent is 10 years

Nah I think it's 20...I wasn't sure If it was the sole use one though?
idk i got confused but the others didnt make sense so I just went with this, but I dont remember anything about 10 years.... /:
Ok adding it now

Quick Reply

Latest