The Student Room Group

The Pet Thread

Use this thread so show off all your pets, ask for any advice on caring for your pets and general chit chat about pets :smile:

I currently have 4 cats. Rambo and Nibbler are both 10 next month and they are brother and sister. Regan and Pixie turned one in April and they are sisters. I got Ramblob as I call him :tongue: and Nibbler 4 years ago when their old owners couldn't look after them any more and I got Regan and Pixie from a local animal shelter as their mum was brought in when she was pregnant. We got Rambo and Nibbler on 8th June 2012 and Regan and Pixie on 8th June last year :tongue: maybe I'll get another pet on 8th June this year, eh? :wink:

I also had another cat called Mylo who sadly passed away to cancer at age 17 two years ago :frown: he was originally the next door neighbours cat and every day, he would come into my house and just chill with me and we had a dog at the time who was bloody nasty to him but he still came in daily and when the neighbour moved he told us just to keep Mylo and we did and he never once strayed. I was worried that he would take a fancy to some new neighbour that would move in but he never left us right to the end. That really means a lot because we must have done something right, especially when he put up with Toby who was horrible to him :laugh:

Toby was my Yorkie. We got him when I was 12 and he died in Feb 2015 from pancreatitis. He was 11. He was fine one day and the next he started puking and a few hours later we were advised to put him to sleep. It was such a shock and utterly heartbreaking, especially after losing Mylo a year before. He was such a yappy dog. You were lucky if you got a minutes peace from him :laugh: but I loved him with all my heart :love:

Still think of Toby and Mylo every single day and miss them all the time. In a perfect world I would still have them along with my current pets but having them for the years I did, means everything to me :h:

So here's my furry friends :smile: :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

What a lovely thread!

I had a wonderful cat named Poogle, but sadly we had to put him to sleep, because he was suffering with a cyst on his chest which just kept getting bigger, even with repeated treatment by the vet.

I currently have a cat named Maowi, who turned up in our garden about 2 years ago! She didn't have a collar and we tried to identify who she belonged to, but no one came forward, so we decided to keep her!

Here are pictures of Poogle (black and white) and Maowi (tortoiseshell) :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
What a lovely thread!

I had a wonderful cat named Poogle, but sadly we had to put him to sleep, because he was suffering with a cyst on his chest which just kept getting bigger, even with repeated treatment by the vet.

I currently have a cat named Maowi, who turned up in our garden about 2 years ago! She didn't have a collar and we tried to identify who she belonged to, but no one came forward, so we decided to keep her!

They are both absolutely beautiful cats with lovely markings :love: so sorry to hear about Poogle though :frown: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
They are both absolutely beautiful cats with lovely markings :love: so sorry to hear about Poogle though :frown: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, yours are lovely too! I'm so sorry to hear about Mylo and Toby as well! :hugs:

I also have six gold barbs, but they aren't very exciting :lol:
What a lovely thread!

The tortoiseshell is very cute
Reply 5
Do you guys always address your pets by their names or is it usually nicknames? I've noticed that I always call mine by their nicknames usually and only call them by their real name when they've been naughty :tongue: Rambo has the most nicknames mainly because they are based on his size and how bloody greedy he is :laugh: he's a huge cat! He's a healthy weight, he's just very wide and big boned.

Here's the nicknames :tongue:

Rambo - Ramblob, Flubber, Blubba Flubba, Big Fat Blubber Puss, Blobby, Blobbicus, Bumble

Nibbler - Nibbles, Little Miss Nibbles, Moody Chops, Niblina, Nibble Fish

Regan - Reegy, Reegi bear, demon child ( she's named after the kid from The Exorcist :colondollar: )

Pixie - Pixie Puss, Pixie Lou

I don't know where these names came from but you just randomly say them while talking to your pets and they stick :laugh: even the vet calls Rambo Ramblob now :tongue:

Rambo was named after well, Rambo :tongue: its funny because he's actually the biggest whimp of a cat you'd ever meet lol. Nibbler is named after Nibbler from Futurama, Regan you know about and Pixie was named that because she was the runt of the litter and was so small. She's grown up to be as big as Regan now though :h:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Use this thread so show off all your pets, ask for any advice on caring for your pets and general chit chat about pets :smile:

I currently have 4 cats. Rambo and Nibbler are both 10 next month and they are brother and sister. Regan and Pixie turned one in April and they are sisters. I got Ramblob as I call him :tongue: and Nibbler 4 years ago when their old owners couldn't look after them any more and I got Regan and Pixie from a local animal shelter as their mum was brought in when she was pregnant. We got Rambo and Nibbler on 8th June 2012 and Regan and Pixie on 8th June last year :tongue: maybe I'll get another pet on 8th June this year, eh? :wink:

I also had another cat called Mylo who sadly passed away to cancer at age 17 two years ago :frown: he was originally the next door neighbours cat and every day, he would come into my house and just chill with me and we had a dog at the time who was bloody nasty to him but he still came in daily and when the neighbour moved he told us just to keep Mylo and we did and he never once strayed. I was worried that he would take a fancy to some new neighbour that would move in but he never left us right to the end. That really means a lot because we must have done something right, especially when he put up with Toby who was horrible to him :laugh:

Toby was my Yorkie. We got him when I was 12 and he died in Feb 2015 from pancreatitis. He was 11. He was fine one day and the next he started puking and a few hours later we were advised to put him to sleep. It was such a shock and utterly heartbreaking, especially after losing Mylo a year before. He was such a yappy dog. You were lucky if you got a minutes peace from him :laugh: but I loved him with all my heart :love:

Still think of Toby and Mylo every single day and miss them all the time. In a perfect world I would still have them along with my current pets but having them for the years I did, means everything to me :h:

So here's my furry friends :smile: :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile

awwwwwwwwww!! they r all sooo cute
:love:
Do you guys always address your pets by their names or is it usually nicknames?
Posted from TSR Mobile

We usually call Maowi by her name, but we do have a couple of nicknames for her too: Maow, Maow Maow and The Naughty One (she misbehaves a lot!) :h:
Reply 8
We usually call Maowi by her name, but we do have a couple of nicknames for her too: Maow, Maow Maow and The Naughty One (she misbehaves a lot!) :h:

I love the name Maowi :smile: its very cute and original :h:
Original post by shahida sulaiman
awwwwwwwwww!! they r all sooo cute
:love:

Awww thank you :h:

Aww than you! We named her that because when she first turned up in our garden, she used to meow non-stop (because she was afraid maybe?) :h:
Reply 10
Aww than you! We named her that because when she first turned up in our garden, she used to meow non-stop (because she was afraid maybe?) :h:

Yeah maybe that was why but she settled in with you guys pretty quick I'm guessing? :smile: its like she found you and people often say that you don't choose a cat, they find and choose you and your story of how you got her and how I got Mylo sounds like they definitely chose us and we should feel very honoured because cats are fussy little creatures at the best of times and are hard to please but they found us to be adequate enough for them :tongue: :laugh:
Yeah maybe that was why but she settled in with you guys pretty quick I'm guessing? :smile: its like she found you and people often say that you don't choose a cat, they find and choose you and your story of how you got her and how I got Mylo sounds like they definitely chose us and we should feel very honoured because cats are fussy little creatures at the best of times and are hard to please but they found us to be adequate enough for them :tongue: :laugh:

Yes she did, she settled down after a few weeks. That's definitely true! Cats just seem to know where the cat lovers are :h:

Awww thank you :h:

ur welcome :hugs:
Reply 13
My mum and stepdad got married recently and she is a crazy cat lady like me and she asked me to design her a simple wedding cake so I did...and added Regan and Pixie on top :tongue: I'll be having an OTT cat themed cake for my own wedding :colondollar:cakeeeee.jpg
Reply 14
Original post by shahida sulaiman
ur welcome :hugs:

Your profile pic is so cute :h: do you have any pets? :smile:
Your profile pic is so cute :h: do you have any pets? :smile:

i luv luv luv animals but my mom hates animals !!!!!!so i dont have an actual pet but i do have a cat who lives right beside my door and it has these cute three kittens !!!!!!!!OMG they r sooooo cute u have no idea!!!!
Reply 16
Do you find that your pets help you with things like anxiety, depression or any other kind of illness? I took a bad panic earlier and Rambo wouldn't leave my side during it and he sat there beside me and I just cuddled him gently and then when it was over I went on my laptop he lay beside me under my arm keeking out and kept looking up at me every minute or so and gave me nose rubs when I leaned down to him. He is my knight in furry armour :colondollar: its true what they say, the best therapists really do have 4 legs and a tail :laugh: :love:
This is fudge our (almost 2 year old) syrian hamster, he can be a bit of a silly bugger at times, he's currently trying to sit on top of his wheel but he's a very sweet things and always knows when it time for chocolate drops :smile:

IMG_0504.jpg
Reply 18
A blob in his box :tongue: :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by claireestelle
This is fudge our (almost 2 year old) syrian hamster, he can be a bit of a silly bugger at times, he's currently trying to sit on top of his wheel but he's a very sweet things and always knows when it time for chocolate drops :smile:

IMG_0504.jpg

Awww he's cute :h: I used to have 2 hamsters called Candyfloss and Marshmallow. Wouldn't mind getting more in the future but wouldn't trust Rambo to not eat them :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest