The Student Room Group

If you could solve one problem in the world, what would it be?

What is a problem you've solved or a problem you'd like to solve. It can be an intellectual challenge, a research query, an ethical dilemma -*anything that is of personal importance, no matter the scale.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
animal cruelty
Make sure everyone has the chance to a good education and lots of travelling. I find people who lack both end up being racist and stupid. Without education people trust whatever the media tells them (or worse what a random shared Facebook pictures tell them) and lack an ability to work stuff out themselves while people who do not travel to different areas of the world lack the ability to understand other cultures and people.
Original post by davgen7
animal cruelty

"without meat you are unhealthy" / "animals have no brains so who cares"
Lack of humor
The monetary system :smile:
Make everyone healthy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Kieran1996
"without meat you are unhealthy" / "animals have no brains so who cares"

to be completely honest i dont actually have a real problem wih eating animals or wearing them as i think that would probably be happening in the wild too - as long as the animal has a good life of freedom while it is alive and people respect that the animal has had to die to provide that meal or clothing, and dont take it for granted

unfortunately i am pretty sure that is not the case

the animals get basically treated like **** and have all their freedom taken, they get raped and oppressed in industry, and then theres always the sick ****ers who torture animals for entertainment

so in light of my views, frankly the industrialisation of animals has lead me to decide that its better to steer clear of it altogether even though eating/wearing the animals itself isnt really my problem

idk do you feel
Original post by davgen7
to be completely honest i dont actually have a real problem wih eating animals or wearing them as i think that would probably be happening in the wild too - as long as the animal has a good life of freedom while it is alive and people respect that the animal has had to die to provide that meal or clothing, and dont take it for granted

unfortunately i am pretty sure that is not the case

the animals get basically treated like **** and have all their freedom taken, they get raped and oppressed in industry, and then theres always the sick ****ers who torture animals for entertainment

so in light of my views, frankly the industrialisation of animals has lead me to decide that its better to steer clear of it altogether even though eating/wearing the animals itself isnt really my problem

idk do you feel

I feel you

Personally I don't eat meat but I was brought up that way so to me it's the norm

I agree in the wild it would have been completely different though; likewise my main issue is how the industry treat animals

When will humans learn money < morals?
donald trump
The 20 or so children that die every minute from preventable causes.
Reply 11
Original post by Kieran1996
I feel you

Personally I don't eat meat but I was brought up that way so to me it's the norm

I agree in the wild it would have been completely different though; likewise my main issue is how the industry treat animals

When will humans learn money < morals?

tbh i reckon the only people who are actually, genuinely dealing with this problem in an effective manner are the animal liberation front. other (legal) organisations like the rspca do great work, undoubtedly, but if theres a real change id be prepared to bet money that its because the ALF are taking matters into their own hands by reason or by force

its a shame that preventing evil towards animals has most directly been addressed thus far by terrorism

like you say, humans arent going to learn that morals are more important than money so i think terrorist animal activist groups are the only ones with real power to make a change bevause industrialisation of animals is legal, while groups like the ALF give zero ****s about legalities
My lack of ability to drive the golf ball fml
Reply 13
Lactose Intolerance

I just wanna eat this goddamn cheesecake!
Reply 14
Bumping this now it's in chat ^^
Original post by Betelgeuse-
My lack of ability to drive the golf ball fml

It's all in the hips. Or the shoulders. I forget which. Maybe even the wrists... no wait, that's table tennis. I miss playing table tennis, I was so damn good at it :sad:

I'd solve the problem that is lack of table tennises.
Poverty
Someone has already said poverty so I'll go with conflict :h:
Free, unlimited clean energy
(edited 7 years ago)
Everyone has the same opportunities to get far in life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending