I have been filling in exam answer books wrong Watch

Alicemidgetgem
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,
I'm posting this thread as I think that I have been filling in exam answer books incorrectly.
I have had two AS psychology exams where I have used extra paper and two AS sociology exams where I have had to complete my answers in an answer booklet. The instructions on the answer paper say 'write the question number in the box near your answer'. I started to panic yesterday in my fourth exam because I think I may have misinterpreted the exam instructions.
In the answer booklet, there are two small boxes and a large lined box to complete your answer. I thought that those small boxes were for your scored marks and you were meant to put your questions number in the lines box which is what I have been done for three of my exams. I'm feel really scared and worried cos I think that although I have done ok, my marks might not count because the computer won't be able to scan my answer with the question number.

I'm just really worried basically and I feel so stupid 😞😐. I hope this thread makes sense. I'm just wondering whether you guys think my marks will count or not as I am really confused.

Thank you
bakedbeans247
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would talk to your teachers. They'll know what to do. It should be fine though imo
Axion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know nothing about how this sort of thing works but intuition says theres nothing to worry about.

Either it has zero impact on scanning because they scan the whole page.

Or it'll get referred to a real person to check over, who will quickly realise your mistake.

Don't worry at all. Never gonna get 0 for that.
Alicemidgetgem
Rep:
?
(Original post by Axion)
I know nothing about how this sort of thing works but intuition says theres nothing to worry about.

Either it has zero impact on scanning because they scan the whole page.

Or it'll get referred to a real person to check over, who will quickly realise your mistake.

Don't worry at all. Never gonna get 0 for that.
Thank you so much, that's really reassured me
Axion
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Alicemidgetgem)
Thank you so much, that's really reassured me
No probs. GL with rest of exams!
Alicemidgetgem
Rep:
?
(Original post by Axion)
No probs. GL with rest of exams!
Thanks
maggiedavies
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know what you're talking about, we used them for English Lit and General Studies.

The whole page is scanned. The two little boxes on the left are simply there so the examiner knows exactly what they are marking. Assuming that a 10 year old piss head isn't marking you exams, I'm sure the examiner will have some intuition, and you'll be fine!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (436)
18.92%
The paper was reasonable (1084)
47.03%
Not feeling great about that exam... (508)
22.04%
It was TERRIBLE (277)
12.02%

Watched Threads