The Student Room Group

2016 Edexcel C2 Morning exam[discussion thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by musictagj
Guys it asked for P not x, so 17 is wrong because you had to substitute in x=16.633 and then you get 120 to the nearest metre

Posted from TSR Mobile

Completely agree with you. Congratulations.
Original post by Mathsislive
I am going to cyber bully you

Nice waistcoat
Original post by Mathsislive
I am going to cyber bully you

Yayyyyy!!! Cant wait for that to start
Original post by Annon5632
What did u guys get for the value of A, B and K for the binomial expansion??

for K i got 3.5

for B i got like 900 and something
Reply 44
when is arsey putting on his mark-scheme?
Original post by Notsoeasyaspie
Please tell me I'm not the only one who found that an absolute nightmare.

No you are not the only one. Is this your first time doing c2? It was my second time and I really wished I just did well last year so I didn't need to take it this year
Original post by stephaniecheung
i found the paper pretty good. I would say it's far more challenging than the past papers, but I found this pretty chill

Every single year people think their papers are more challenging than the past papers.
for K i got 3.5

for B i got like 900 and something

How did you guys work out those values? I got really stuck in that question.
Original post by Namita Gurung
How did you guys work out those values? I got really stuck in that question.

for K
it told you that blah blah blah
so you used what you worked out for the binomial expansion, times by the 1+kx
and then you put the x^2 ones equal to eachother, the x's cancel out and you can solve for k
Original post by musictagj
Guys it asked for P not x, so 17 is wrong because you had to substitute in x=16.633 and then you get 120 to the nearest metre

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup that's what I did
Don't round the X value round the P value when you sub the x value back into the equation
My X was something like 16.6 or something and I got 120 m for P to the nearest metre
I totally messed up that paper, lost at least 20 marks, good bye all hopes of an A :,(
Original post by anonwinner
Every single year people think their papers are more challenging than the past papers.

yeah fam, I totally flunked the c1, I was really disappointed with myself because i made a few silly mistakes :/
Original post by TheBillPN
How do you do this part?

Solve: 2^(2x+5) -7(2^x)=0

Got all the rest of the paper right, but not these 4 marks.

I subbed in 2^x = y to give my 32y^2-7y=0 then solved for y=0,7/32. 2^x cannot = 0 and 2^x=7/32 giving x = -2.19
Original post by mcfatty
wat?

it wasn't small decimal....

x was 17m to the nearest meter what did you get?

he/she is talking about part e. I got a small decimal aswell I think it was o.49... something. I got 17 metres aswell for the other part
Original post by theguywhosaidhi
I totally messed up that paper, lost at least 20 marks, good bye all hopes of an A :,(

Just do well in the S1 exam and did you think you did well in c1? You could still scrape an A
Any idea on raw mark boundary for a C?
Original post by mcfatty
wat?

it wasn't small decimal....

x was 17m to the nearest meter what did you get?

yeah i got 17 and then for the next part i got 0.4
Original post by mcfatty
how did we find it all?

like the differentiation question?

That differentiation question was hellish, I had no idea what I was doing but I came out with a number so there'll be method marks somewhere I guess...

Overall tho it was a pretty chill paper. Better than C1 anyway

Original post by David_a
For the question that said i cant use any graphical or numerixal method to solve

I thought graphical and numerical methods were like the entirety of maths, I got very confused.

Original post by Charswatts
I subbed in 2^x = y to give my 32y^2-7y=0 then solved for y=0,7/32. 2^x cannot = 0 and 2^x=7/32 giving x = -2.19
Was it just me who messed around and turned it into a nightmarish logarithm equation, then?I think I got -2.19 as well
(edited 7 years ago)
yeah fam, I totally flunked the c1, I was really disappointed with myself because i made a few silly mistakes :/

The stress and pressure of being in the actual exam hall is very different from doing past papers at home.

Good luck with the rest of your exams

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending