The Student Room Group

2016 Edexcel C2 Morning exam[discussion thread]

how did we find it all?

like the differentiation question?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What did everyone get when substituting their x value into the 2nd differential to show it was a minimum point? (very last question part e)

I got a really small decimal??
Reply 2
couldn't do Q6 or 9 so i have lost like 20 marks anyone else the same?
Reply 3
Original post by Hangk13
What did everyone get when substituting their x value into the 2nd differential to show it was a minimum point? (very last question part e)

wat?

it wasn't small decimal....

x was 17m to the nearest meter what did you get?
Please tell me I'm not the only one who found that an absolute nightmare.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
For the question that said i cant use any graphical or numerixal method to solve, i used identities to find a form where i could factorise it. I did so and then found theta with the 180-theta +360n method. Will i get marks?
that was rough. Couldn't do any of 9 and parts of 6- does anyone know if a mark scheme is coming up soon?
Reply 7
I got 17m too for x
Reply 8
I also got 17
Such a sick paper
Guys it asked for P not x, so 17 is wrong because you had to substitute in x=16.633 and then you get 120 to the nearest metre

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by mcfatty
wat?

it wasn't small decimal....

x was 17m to the nearest meter what did you get?

Question asking for P as nearest cm so I think you need to sub the x value as 16.63...into original equation to find out P (I got 120) to nearest metre
Original post by Hangk13

You had to put X back into the P equation and THEN substitute it into the 2nd differential
When does BTEC maths start?
i found the paper pretty good. I would say it's far more challenging than the past papers, but I found this pretty chill
Reply 15
it was absolutely nightmare
Reply 16
Did you guys get for the log question 0.47 or something? And for area of S where integrate with limits to get the area, one limit was 0 and I go 3 as the other limit, what did you guys get?
Original post by Hangk13

0.4 something
Original post by Reda2
Did you guys get for the log question 0.47 or something? And for area of S where integrate with limits to get the area, one limit was 0 and I go 3 as the other limit, what did you guys get?

S = 24.3

it was 0 to 9
hated it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending