OCR C2 exam Wed 25th May

Scroll to see replies

Is Q. 9(i) not 2pi/a?
Original post by student199919
i think i got something like 38, i'm probably wrong

Yeah, that's what I got
Reply 102
Original post by emily240266
Does anyone know how many marks each question was to add to mark scheme?

I have updated it now with marks :smile:
Q1, both parts were 2 marks each
anyone mind doing the 4 mark integration q7 showing the working ??
Predictions for an A? I say 61, was easier than most past papers
predictions of grade boundaries?
Pretty sure a=3/5 as its 2pia because 1 period of sin(2x) would be covered by 720 degrees :smile:
Reply 108
I got question 8i and ii mixed up. I wote the answer to 8ii in 8i. In i i wrote stetch by 1/9 parallel to y whereas i should have wrote it in ii. Do you think they will give me the mark?
Original post by MCP041998
Is Q. 9(i) not 2pi/a?

ah no its definitely 4pi/3 because it was tan not sin
Can someone work me through question 1i, I think I got something different. How did you guys get 10.
Reply 111
Original post by iamDev
I got question 8i and ii mixed up. I wote the answer to 8ii in 8i. In i i wrote stetch by 1/9 parallel to y whereas i should have wrote it in ii. Do you think they will give me the mark?

Probably not
Reply 112
Original post by sandpitturtle
ah no its definitely 4pi/3 because it was tan not sin

Of course! My bad.

I reckon usual grade boundaries - lots of people at my school found it quite hard I think and not generalising but TSRs are usually the higher end.

I'm pretty sure that like 58 will be an A, 65 or so for 90 UMS.
Kill yourselves OCR,
thanks.
Reply 114
Original post by Johnstond
Can someone work me through question 1i, I think I got something different. How did you guys get 10.

You know 20 is the area and ½abSinC is the area so therefore ½x8xbxsinC=20

4bSinC=20 therefore bSinC=5 and Sin(30) is ½ therefore ½b=5 therefore b =10.
Original post by AlfieH
Of course! My bad.

I reckon usual grade boundaries - lots of people at my school found it quite hard I think and not generalising but TSRs are usually the higher end.

I'm pretty sure that like 58 will be an A, 65 or so for 90 UMS.

Yeah i only just realised! And to the grade boundaries I agree, people at my school found it alright apart from last question especially, probably similar to last year maybe 1 or 2 higher my guess
Can we make the mark scheme so people can't edit it, as there are some sad people with nothing better to do deleting it or adding annoying things!!
Can someone please tell me why this working out (attached) is apparently wrong for the last question?
Everyone is saying that the second answer was 4π/3, but I got 7π/3...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was the question where you found out the value of k after the binomial expansion 2 marks or 3 marks?

(The one where k was +/-3^1/2 and not 1/9 or 0 (fs))
Original post by Heyitsmerhi
Pretty sure a=3/5 as its 2pia because 1 period of sin(2x) would be covered by 720 degrees :smile:

Nah sin2x would cover 180 degrees so a=5/3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending