The Student Room Group

National 5 Modern Studies Exam

Here is a forum for the National 5 Modern Studies Exam

Here, pupils can discuss the exam before and after the exam.

I can help on the following topics:

Democracy in Scotland/Britain

Crime and Law

The USA as a World Power

I'm feeling very optimistic as I got full marks in the exam. However, we've just got to revise and do our absolute best :smile: Best of luck!

Scroll to see replies

I got full marks too! I was just a bit stressed for time, though.

I think that all we need to revise for the exam is the types of questions and how to answer them.

Can somebody please post the types of questions we will face, and how we should answer it?
Reply 2
Does any one know of any sites that i can get Modern Studies past papers from because i have done all the past papers on the sqa website
Original post by maansari
Does any one know of any sites that i can get Modern Studies past papers from because i have done all the past papers on the sqa website

There's still time to get the model paper book from a local bookshop. I highly recommend you get it.
Original post by mghanduri
I got full marks too! I was just a bit stressed for time, though.

I think that all we need to revise for the exam is the types of questions and how to answer them.

Can somebody please post the types of questions we will face, and how we should answer it?

There's four question types:

-Describe Questions
-Explain Questions
-Conclusion Questions
-Selective in the Use of Facts Questions
-Decision Making Question

I could produce a document which goes over all of the questions?
Original post by SocialStudiesETC
There's four question types:

-Describe Questions
-Explain Questions
-Conclusion Questions
-Selective in the Use of Facts Questions
-Decision Making Question

I could produce a document which goes over all of the questions?

OMG pleaseeee doo !!!
Original post by Ethan100
OMG pleaseeee doo !!!

I'll post it later on :smile:
I'll post it later on :smile:

Thanks Man :smile:
Reply 8
Hey have you guys got any good notes on The USA and Democracy in the UK?

@SocialStudiesETC
Original post by A+Hunter
Hey have you guys got any good notes on The USA and Democracy in the UK?

@SocialStudiesETC

Yeah, I am summarising all of my notes on a word document if you want me to share it when it's finished?
Yeah, I am summarising all of my notes on a word document if you want me to share it when it's finished?

Sure! Thanks a lot :biggrin:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
This is my last exam, can't wait till it's over!

How's everyone feeling for Monday?
Reply 13
Im freaking out. I havent revised as much as i should as i have been prioritising for my higher business exam. I now have 2 days. Anyone got a set of all the model answers or any notes?
To make it clear, I am summarising three topics:

-Democracy in the United Kingdom
-Crime and Social Issues
-The USA as a World Power.

I can't go onto the other ones as much as I'd love to because those are the ones we have studied as a class. If someone makes a request for another one, I could fit it in if I have time as I have studied other ones.
To make it clear, I am summarising three topics:

-Democracy in the United Kingdom
-Crime and Social Issues
-The USA as a World Power.

I can't go onto the other ones as much as I'd love to because those are the ones we have studied as a class. If someone makes a request for another one, I could fit it in if I have time as I have studied other ones.

Sooo Lucky :P They are all the ones I studied !
Can someone help me on a KU question and answer fully using P.E.E on ways the government tries to reduce social inequality
I am so sorry for the delayed notes. But here is the first set of the notes:

Democracy in the UK.

I have covered most things, and I have only included pressure groups because if a question comes up, I will be discussing pressure groups.

If anyone needs any specific examples to anything, then I am more than happy to discuss it :smile:

Hope it's worth something!
I am so sorry for the delayed notes. But here is the first set of the notes:

Democracy in the UK.

I have covered most things, and I have only included pressure groups because if a question comes up, I will be discussing pressure groups.

If anyone needs any specific examples to anything, then I am more than happy to discuss it :smile:

Hope it's worth something!

YESSSSS Thank you soooo much <3
Original post by Ethan100
YESSSSS Thank you soooo much <3

It's no bother haha, it's good to type it out and refresh the knowledge. There are many examples you can use for all of the topics, just make sure they are relevant

Latest

Trending

Trending