The Student Room Group

polish a level

anyone else doing the as on wednesday? any tips, structures, phrases etc etc?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I'm doing it tomorrow and the best tip I can give you is to go through all of the topics that you could get the essay question on. My teacher predicts that's it could be on the EU and the immigrants.
Reply 3
Original post by m1a9
I'm doing it tomorrow and the best tip I can give you is to go through all of the topics that you could get the essay question on. My teacher predicts that's it could be on the EU and the immigrants.

thats hard for me because I was born in Poland but came here when i was 5, so although im 'polish' im reallly not up there! so bc i didnt do it at school, i didnt know what topics could come up etc.
how did you find it anyway?
Reply 4
Original post by Rainbowcorn
thats hard for me because I was born in Poland but came here when i was 5, so although im 'polish' im reallly not up there! so bc i didnt do it at school, i didnt know what topics could come up etc.
how did you find it anyway?

I'm similar down here as I moved away from Poland when I was 8, I liked the first part of the exam the translation was okay but I didn't like the short sentences and some of the words were weird. And in the essay I just tried to mention everything I could think of. What about you?
Reply 5
Original post by m1a9
I'm similar down here as I moved away from Poland when I was 8, I liked the first part of the exam the translation was okay but I didn't like the short sentences and some of the words were weird. And in the essay I just tried to mention everything I could think of. What about you?

same here, i came when i was 5. i found the first word questions really good actually, and the translation wasn't overly bad although some words i had no clue what they meant! but the essay was terrible, i wrote about work, family and rights mainly but i wish i wrote about honestly hhaha you?
Reply 6
same here, i came when i was 5. i found the first word questions really good actually, and the translation wasn't overly bad although some words i had no clue what they meant! but the essay was terrible, i wrote about work, family and rights mainly but i wish i wrote about honestly hhaha you?

Yeah I wasn't too sure on some of the words either. And the essay was a tough one, like I think I wrote how values change through time and I wrote about family money and culture. So I don't really know what to expect.
Reply 7
Original post by m1a9
Yeah I wasn't too sure on some of the words either. And the essay was a tough one, like I think I wrote how values change through time and I wrote about family money and culture. So I don't really know what to expect.

yours sounds better than mine! just a waiting game now! are you doing A2?
Reply 8
yours sounds better than mine! just a waiting game now! are you doing A2?

It really doesn't, wrote so much crap. And yes I think the wait will kill me. And yes I'm planning to do A2. I'm getting all of the information for it on Friday like the books and the films I need to do. Are you?
Reply 9
Original post by m1a9
It really doesn't, wrote so much crap. And yes I think the wait will kill me. And yes I'm planning to do A2. I'm getting all of the information for it on Friday like the books and the films I need to do. Are you?

me too haha! no im not planning on as i want to focus on my other A levels and my language/writing isnt good enough!
Reply 10
me too haha! no im not planning on as i want to focus on my other A levels and my language/writing isnt good enough!

I'm just hoping to magically scrape a good grade😂 I'm not sure how I'm going to do that yet though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending