The Student Room Group

Edexcel S3 - Wednesday 25th May AM 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolguy123456
Oi was 12, 29, 9 and then second row was 15, 23, 22. Used my graphic calc to check it so have the values still.

Thank you! Really cannot figure out where I went wrong, think I must have got an expected value wrong somewhere, do you know please how follow through marks work for contingency table questions, I had the correct critical value but I accepted H0 rather than rejecting it, thanks :smile:
Anyone remember how to do Q5 c) ? Did it wrong but I want to know how to do it.
Original post by economicss
Thank you! Really cannot figure out where I went wrong, think I must have got an expected value wrong somewhere, do you know please how follow through marks work for contingency table questions, I had the correct critical value but I accepted H0 rather than rejecting it, thanks :smile:

I can't remember how they allocate it but if you go on June 2015 or 2014 papers, one of the recent ones and check how they did it there then you'll get an idea of how many marks you'll get. Also, do you remember how many marks the first +ve correlation one was? I got the 0.75 but the part b of it where you had to test it, i think i accepted H0 when i should have rejected it as i mis-read a value from the table.
I can't remember how they allocate it but if you go on June 2015 or 2014 papers, one of the recent ones and check how they did it there then you'll get an idea of how many marks you'll get. Also, do you remember how many marks the first +ve correlation one was? I got the 0.75 but the part b of it where you had to test it, i think i accepted H0 when i should have rejected it as i mis-read a value from the table.

Okay thank you :smile: I think it was only 2 marks but not completely sure :smile:
Original post by Zzzxxxxxxxx
Anyone remember how to do Q5 c) ? Did it wrong but I want to know how to do it.

Can figure out x\sum{x} by doing (old mean*35+new value) then finding the new mean from this
Can figure out x2\sum{x^2} by rearranging the formula for s^2 to get it and adding the new value squared.
These two values are all you need to figure out the new s^2
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by economicss
Okay thank you :smile: I think it was only 2 marks but not completely sure :smile:

Thanks, also do you know the last part of that question where it asked for a comment thing on the conclusions from earlier, was it a 1 marker or 2?
Thanks, also do you know the last part of that question where it asked for a comment thing on the conclusions from earlier, was it a 1 marker or 2?

1 mark I believe
Original post by Mav1
1 mark I believe

Thank you! Also for the last one with the CI, i said the 20% is not in the CI so should change the stated value. I didn't mention to lower it just to "change it". Would this get me the 2 marks or would i lose out on 1?
Thank you! Also for the last one with the CI, i said the 20% is not in the CI so should change the stated value. I didn't mention to lower it just to "change it". Would this get me the 2 marks or would i lose out on 1?

Depends how lenient they are, I would have thought if you said it was not in it this will be fine. Unless they are very harsh
Easy
Original post by Mav1
Can figure out x\sum{x} by doing (old mean*35+new value) then finding the new mean from this
Can figure out x2\sum{x^2} by rearranging the formula for s^2 to get it and adding the new value squared.
These two values are all you need to figure out the new s^2

Thanks,
and do you remember the marks worth for that question?
Original post by tazza ma razza
Easy

FP2 last year was easy as well but boundaries were harsh.
I have three questions:
-In the association question, I calculated one of the expected frequencies wrong. My method was correct and think my conclusion was correct. That is, rejecting H0. Does anyone have any idea of how many marks will I lose?
-How many marks was the 'what have you assumed?' question
-How many marks was the 'what should paul suggest?' question
Original post by Zzzxxxxxxxx
Thanks,
and do you remember the marks worth for that question?

5 I think, perhaps 6
Original post by pragyas265
I have three questions:
-In the association question, I calculated one of the expected frequencies wrong. My method was correct and think my conclusion was correct. That is, rejecting H0. Does anyone have any idea of how many marks will I lose?
-How many marks was the 'what have you assumed?' question
-How many marks was the 'what should paul suggest?' question

- between 1 and 3 marks I guess
- 2 marks
- 1 mark I think
Original post by Mav1
- between 1 and 3 marks I guess
- 2 marks
- 1 mark I think

Thankyou v much!
Does anyone know if Arsey will be doing an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by physicsmaths

I estimate 64/75 for an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending