The Student Room Group

Want to lose weight on bum

(edited 6 years ago)
Unfortunately, you can't "spot reduce" fat - when fat goes, it goes everywhere on the body. If you want to lose fat and keep it off, generally just watch your portion sizes at meals and exercise frequently (don't go ott though). Reliable fat loss only happens slowly, too, so the key is to be patient. :smile:
Original post by abc_123_
Thanks but I'm not really that fat in general I just have a problem with my bum :frown: xx I'm about a size 8/10 depending on the brand but I really don't like having a big bum xx do you think any exercises could specifically target bum weight loss rather than toning up? xx

don't worry I'm not implying anything haha, but really as I said you can't specifically lose fat from one area of your body. One thing you could do is focus on toning up your legs so your butt looks smaller in comparison? Other than that and losing weight overall, there isn't really a way of losing just butt fat.

Spoiler

Reply 3
:O blasphemy!
you probably didn't know that squats worked your bum muscles :wink: hence why you thought they were getting fatter. Yeah my all means work your whole body in order to reduce fat.
You can't target weight loss
Reply 6
Hey basically I don't have a big bum but I did loads of squats thinking my bum would go down in size but it just got toned and I wanted it to get smaller. How do I get a smaller bum cas I think big bums are ugly? xx
Also do you think any exercises could specifically target bum weight loss rather than toning up? xx

There is literally no way to target fat loss. You'll need to loose fat in general. Dont overdo the weight loss with mass ammounts of cardio and eating 500 cals per day. Worst thing to do as you will loose all muscle and just have flabby skin. Find out your BMR and your TDEE online reduce 500 calories and then go to the gym and Burn an extra 500 calories doing something with low amounts of energy I.E stair master at level 5 about 60 floors per hour. This will keep your body in a fat burning state. Maybe even purchase a fitbit as this can track your heart rate and allow you to know when you are burning fat and when you are burning muscle for energy.
Thank you xx I'm going to a bootcamp tomorrow for more weight loss and am doing the chemical diet this half term :smile: xx

uh...what?
Reply 8
Thank you xx I'm going to a bootcamp tomorrow for more weight loss and am doing the chemical diet this half term :smile: xx

Don't do any stupid diet... Diets are bad as you will only typically stick to them for a few weeks then give up. Change your lifestyle for life not for a short amount of time... doing the chemical diet is stupid in my idea. Unless you want to look like a 6ft 5 20kg model go ahead. You can choose to look like this Or someone alot more please that ever guy wants like NIkki Blackketter...

The claim that you "should" lose 14lbs is to be honest nonsense. No one can claim how much weight you will lose on any specific diet without knowing your TDEE. And to be honest 14lbs a week is ridiculous and not an achievable amount of weight loss for even the most obese people literally eating 0 calories a day. It's a weight loss rate of 2lbs per day which is a calorie deficit of 7000 calories a day, which would mean they would not only have to eat nothing that day, but also exercise for hours a day to get to 7000 calories. (1lb of fat =3500 calories, to burn this fat you have to eat less calories than your body burns a day (TDEE) )

http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

The reason people lose weight on that diet is because it's clearly low calorie, there is no other reason at all.

The sooner you realise fads are a waste of time and literally all you have to do to lose weight is eat under your TDEE the better.
(edited 7 years ago)

That is not healthy in the slightest. That's serious calorie restriction and not sustainable or healthy. Listen to the Sophie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest