The Student Room Group

Edexcel 1pr physics thread!

How did it go. Discuss.
What did you write for the question on geothermal (describe enery transfer) and the one on potatoes (energy tranfer to cook it)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
what did you write for the 6markers
The hotair balloon, downward force guys?? xD
Besides that, it was pretty okay
Reply 3
i didnt get the question on the hot air baloon what did you write
I wrote about conduction and convection on the potatoes y'all?
Reply 5
Original post by naz129837
what did you write for the 6markers

On the potato 6 amek o wrote that conduction cus its stuck in a metal spike and metal is a conductir of heat and convection cus hot air rises and the potatoes are near the top of the oven and radiation because of the ir heat of the heating element and cus is matt blak and matte anbsorbs and radiates most heat wbu..?
idk about the loudspeaker tho
Reply 7
Original post by jkjk123412
idk about the loudspeaker tho

I wrote that it uses ac cus ac changes direction constantly and when the coil gets ac current its attractee to the magnets, so it moved back and forth from side to side so it vreats virbartion and thus sound.
What are the two 6 mark questions on then?
Reply 9
Original post by TotalTrigger
What are the two 6 mark questions on then?

1 was potato there was another 1? I dont remebrr
Original post by PC.police
On the potato 6 amek o wrote that conduction cus its stuck in a metal spike and metal is a conductir of heat and convection cus hot air rises and the potatoes are near the top of the oven and radiation because of the ir heat of the heating element and cus is matt blak and matte anbsorbs and radiates most heat wbu..?

6/6 , i wrote the exact same !! :smile:
Second last question anyone?
Yeah I remember the potato question, but can't remember the other.

Idk what it was.
Reply 13
Original post by Knockingpoint
Second last question anyone?

I wrote that the wire will feel a force because the wires electromagbetic field interacts with the magnets magnetic field and u can usw flemings left hand rule 4 it
Wbu?
Reply 14
I wrote that the wire will feel a force because the wires electromagbetic field interacts with the magnets magnetic field and u can usw flemings left hand rule 4 it
Wbu?

Rod* not wire lol
Rod* not wire lol

i found that the answer for the second last and the last one was very similar, did you do the same, except not mentioning the AC for the second last one
Reply 16
i found that the answer for the second last and the last one was very similar, did you do the same, except not mentioning the AC for the second last one

No..? I wrotr both answers i wrote on the paper on this thread. I didn't find any similarities tho
No..? I wrotr both answers i wrote on the paper on this thread. I didn't find any similarities tho

2nd last one is motor effect basically
And which direction did you say it will move. i said towards the left, due to the movement created, and if the current was reversed it will go the other way
Reply 19
And which direction did you say it will move. i said towards the left, due to the movement created, and if the current was reversed it will go the other way

Just saod force lol prolly get 2/4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending