The Student Room Group

AS AQA Biology 26th May and 7th June 2016 7401/1

Forum set up to discuss thoughts and predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How are you finding the specimen papers? Do you think water will come up?
Reply 2
Original post by ali99
How are you finding the specimen papers? Do you think water will come up?

I have found them ok, the only issue is that most of the mark schemes appear to be very harsh and definitive, which can be demotivating. However, if an examiner thinks your point is relevant then you will get the marks.
Its impossible to predict what will come up as its the first exam
I've done notes and the specimen papers, but I'm not sure how to revise any more than that.. :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by WhatIsSleep
I've done notes and the specimen papers, but I'm not sure how to revise any more than that.. :s-smilie:

What sections would you say you don't know as well?
Original post by jack_wild7
What sections would you say you don't know as well?

I feel like I know the content, it's just graph and sometimes the comprehension questions that get me

idk maybe I need to work on APPLYING my knowledge
Reply 6
Original post by WhatIsSleep
I feel like I know the content, it's just graph and sometimes the comprehension questions that get me

idk maybe I need to work on APPLYING my knowledge

yeah same
I've heard that Paper 1 will be more content-based and Paper 2 more skills/practical-based but originally I was told both papers were a random mix of topics... Anyone got some clarification on that?
We basically can't make any predictions ..anyway the specimen paper answers are stupid and I'm angry at aqa
Original post by CORINNALENG
We basically can't make any predictions ..anyway the specimen paper answers are stupid and I'm angry at aqa

Agreed.
Paper 2 of the specimen made me go from a C to a U overall ..:frown::frown:
Hope AQA don't make this an impossible bio exam which goes viral
Reply 11
Original post by UnoGambino
Paper 2 of the specimen made me go from a C to a U overall ..:frown::frown:
Hope AQA don't make this an impossible bio exam which goes viral

Specimen papers are always hard as they haven't really thought about questions and mark schemes, you'll find what you put was correct, but not on the MS, however it will be awarded in the real exam
good luck for everyone tomorrow btw do we need to know about apoplast etc and can some one go over immunity quickly especially the one with b cells and t cells

aiming for a b what about you guys
will paper 1 just be knowledge and content based, so no practical and application questions? also can any topic from the spec come up in tomorrows exam?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Enderbat1999
good luck for everyone tomorrow btw do we need to know about apoplast etc and can some one go over immunity quickly especially the one with b cells and t cells

aiming for a b what about you guys

aiming for an A but i think that is abit optimistic.
errm i dont think so because it isnt on the spec or in the book so no apoplast.
immune system:
1) antigens identified as foreign by phagocytes
2) hydrolyze pathogen
3)activate t-cells
4)activate helper t-cells
5)activate b-cells
6)release antobodies specific to antigen to form antigen-antibody complex
no its mixed but from what i have seen it has been like that where practical is usually in paper 2 dont take the chance. However i have made a few predeiction

the may ask you to draw how a glucose join with glycocidic bonds, or draw amino acids etc

and they may ask you to compare how meiosis is different to mitosis
or even mitosis and binary fission so go over all practicals and know how to interperet those graphs hope this helped
(edited 7 years ago)
what is clonal selection
can you help me with clonal selection pls oh and one more this

we use index diveristy because it tells us the total number of individuals and the number of each species right
Original post by memoriial
I've heard that Paper 1 will be more content-based and Paper 2 more skills/practical-based but originally I was told both papers were a random mix of topics... Anyone got some clarification on that?

Who told you that ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enderbat1999
no its mixed but from what i have seen it has been like that where practical is usually in paper 2 dont take the chance. However i have made a few predeiction

the may ask you to draw how a glucose join with glycocidic bonds, or draw amino acids etc

and they may ask you to compare how meiosis is different to mitosis
or even mitosis and binary fission so go over all practicals and know how to interperet those graphs hope this helped

okaay thanks for that, so do u think i should go over all the practicals because someone told me paper 1 is just fact based and there are no application questions. r u ready for the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending