The Student Room Group

What to do?

So, my friend has a girlfriend that comes to the same school as us and they're happy together so I'm happy for them and I know they'll last but there is a big problem and that is the fact that whenever we go lunch together or try working together. It's like they're constantly making out, my friend told me not to talk about sex infront of his girl and that she gets uncomfortable but they keep kissing, feeling each other up infront of me and it's uncomfortable for me. When I tell him it's uncomfortable to watch them almost have sex he tries telling me they don't do anything that'll make someone uncomfy.
And I get really pissed off because I don't go lunch with them unless they want me to come and every ******* day its just there like 'lets make out infront of him'... We'll be out on the street, stop kiss (they see each other every single day for at least 10 hours and they act like they see each other once a month) lunch time, stop kiss. Doing work together, stop kiss, actually you know what touch me up. FFS What can I do?
Just say you find it uncomfortable and if they continue to do it then you'll stop hanging out with them. You can't control what they do, but you can control what YOU do.

Kissing in public is a-okay to an extent but it sounds they're the typical young couple that take it overboard, and like you I would find it a bit uncomfortable.
Threaten to just ditch them if they keep making you uncomfortable
Reply 3
The thing is we're really close and I don't want to cut off from my friend like that. He thinks whatever they do is completely fine but even though they're together all day every day, they still act like they've never seen each other. Why? just why? If you're calling me to lunch, you clearly want to chill with me right? so why start kissing and literally f****** in front of me, cutting me out of the convo. Most days I'll just sit there like a used condom evaluating what my life has come to.
Original post by Anonymous
The thing is we're really close and I don't want to cut off from my friend like that. He thinks whatever they do is completely fine but even though they're together all day every day, they still act like they've never seen each other. Why? just why? If you're calling me to lunch, you clearly want to chill with me right? so why start kissing and literally f****** in front of me, cutting me out of the convo. Most days I'll just sit there like a used condom evaluating what my life has come to.

I understand that, but you're not really cutting them off as such, merely not putting yourself into a situation that makes you uncomfortable.
Reply 5
Feeling left out?

Ask if you could join in
Reply 6
You said about not bringing up sex in front of the girl because it makes her uncomfortable, well in my opinion talking about them kissing isn't sex, so talk about the issue to both of them, instead of just this male friend.
Make sure they know how you feel as if they don't they won't change how they act.

Unfortunate that this male friend just brushed off your feelings but an opinion is never wrong and he can't say your feelings are incorrect.

Make sure they both know about how you feel. Good luck
Reply 7
Original post by VH141
You said about not bringing up sex in front of the girl because it makes her uncomfortable, well in my opinion talking about them kissing isn't sex, so talk about the issue to both of them, instead of just this male friend.
Make sure they know how you feel as if they don't they won't change how they act.

Unfortunate that this male friend just brushed off your feelings but an opinion is never wrong and he can't say your feelings are incorrect.

Make sure they both know about how you feel. Good luck

Thank you for the reply, I'm going to speak to them tomorrow. We'll see how it goes because it is getting a bit too much and I really feel left out when sitting there eating and they're making out. it's awkward and lasts for like 30 mins. They both live alone so I don't see why they can't do it at home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending