The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nataliejr98
I got that too.. I also thought it was unusual numbers :/

I thought that too, but considering your set of coordinates was quite large, 10 and 13?? It seems about right :smile:
Reply 461
Original post by Benja1998
Yeah that's what I did :P I only did a, d & e on question 9 - The show questions were too difficult for me. How did you find them? :smile:

They were alright, although the number of marks allocated were misleading, considering I think it took me an entire page for b and c
Original post by DW4
x was 16.6339... which = 17, then you had to sub it into P to get P = 120

I got the same but I left my answers to 1 decimal place...(x=16.6 and p=120.something) did the question ask to leave the answers as integers? would I still get full marks for that question?
Original post by meediaabid
question nine was a middle finger from edexcel

lool that question was a madting, never seen something like it. all of the other questions were fine apart from the 2nd part of the log equation.
how many marks would i lose for the first trig questions, if I only found 1 correct value
Original post by DW4
I got B = 936 I, b=(a-5)/9, sinx = - 1/4, and the rest the same as you.

Pretty sure B was one thousand and something
Original post by unifiedfield
The value of X was meant to be subbed back into the formula for P giving you 120m not 16

What if you wrote 16 but didnt sub it in, hkw many marks would you get?
Original post by jack potato
I got the same but I left my answers to 1 decimal place...(x=16.6 and p=120.something) did the question ask to leave the answers as integers? would I still get full marks for that question?

It said to leave it to the nearest metre, so it'll probable lose you 1 accuracy mark
What did everyone get for the sin cos questions? the first on radians and second on degrees...
Does anyone have access to the paper. I need to know how many marks each question was.
Original post by jack potato
What did everyone get for the sin cos questions? the first on radians and second on degrees...

-2pi/15, 8pi/15

195.5, 345.5
Something like that
Original post by unifiedfield
Pretty sure B was one thousand and something

B was definitely 900 and something

the correct value of k was 7/2

I got 120m for the perimeter also, and a small decimal is >0 therefore a minimum.
Hey guys if I got x=16.6 something and substitute x into d2P/dx2 and got 0.4 sth and it's minimum will I get full mark?
Original post by Hanna11199
Hey guys if I got x=16.6 something and substitute x into d2P/dx2 and got 0.4 sth and it's minimum will I get full mark?

As long as you stated that its greater than 0 so its minimum
how did people get the area of s - can't remember what question it was ?
Reply 476
Original post by Kizza123246
-2.01 or something like that?

I got -2.19. Anyone else??
Original post by its_samuel
How did you guys manage to find x in the perimeter question?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

find the first differential and make it equal to zero and solve for x.
how long will it approx. take for an unofficial mark scheme to come out?
Peole have been saying we had to substitute the x value back in to find the value of the perimeter (which gives P=120ish) but I don't remember the question requiring this. I remember it saying onky find x to the nearest m. What does everyone reckon? Did we need to sub x back in to find Perimeter?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending