The Student Room Group

Aqa chemistry as level 2016 predictions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ellaatherz
Guarenteed to be hard, teacher at my school writes the exam and those were his own words

your teacher writes the specimen qus?
Or has written the exam?
Original post by sgill23
your teacher writes the specimen qus?
Or has written the exam?

Both!
Reply 42
Both!

so do you think it'll be mainly calculation based and planning experiments rather than majority knowledge based?
Original post by sgill23
so do you think it'll be mainly calculation based and planning experiments rather than majority knowledge based?

Yeh well they've specifically added more maths to the chemistry, but the knowledge will be put into the questions in addition so you have to know your stuff or you won't be able to work out the calculations, you need to be super specific with your knowledge and understand it throughly if that makes sense?
Well I'm stuffed then, I got a U on the specimen papers... 😭😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeh well they've specifically added more maths to the chemistry, but the knowledge will be put into the questions in addition so you have to know your stuff or you won't be able to work out the calculations, you need to be super specific with your knowledge and understand it throughly if that makes sense?

So is it generally similar in difficulty to the Teachers only specimen materials or more? (The specimen papers were easy so)
What type of questions do you guys find difficult? I honestly only find the experiment planning stuff quite hard - the rest are pretty straightforward
Original post by rosemondtan
So is it generally similar in difficulty to the Teachers only specimen materials or more? (The specimen papers were easy so)

Yeh I presume the same, obviously I don't know and haven't asked on comparison
Grade boundaries should go down around 10% though
Original post by rosemondtan

Did anyone else do badly on the specimen papers or is that just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Yeh I presume the same, obviously I don't know and haven't asked on comparison
Grade boundaries should go down around 10% though

so what do you think the new grade boundaries will be? I don't know what it usually is for an A at AS level.... 80% normally for an A?
Original post by sgill23
so what do you think the new grade boundaries will be? I don't know what it usually is for an A at AS level.... 80% normally for an A?

Yeh around 70/75% for an A
Reply 51
Yeh around 70/75% for an A

Then going like 10% down per grade boundary yeah?
hiya. everyone hopes revision is going great. could anyone pease upload any specimen papers as i ve done the papers over and over again all of them.
Reply 53
Guys is kinetics only paper 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neymar69
Guys is kinetics only paper 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, kinetics and all organic chemistry is in paper 2, not in paper 1
Page 8 on the spec:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/chemistry/specifications/AQA-7404-7405-SP-2015-V1-1.PDF
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 55
what practicals/ practical questions will we be asked and where can I revise this?
Reply 56
Original post by Mina_
Any good resources for the practicals required in paper 1 ?

Hi I am also looking for resources to revise pratcials let me know if you find any please
Reply 57
I've been told Kinetics is not on the first paper..??
Reply 58
Original post by boredom07
Yeah, kinetics and all organic chemistry is in paper 2, not in paper 1
Page 8 on the spec:
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/chemistry/specifications/AQA-7404-7405-SP-2015-V1-1.PDF

Kinetics is paper 1, its physical chemistry
Original post by Mina_
Kinetics is paper 1, its physical chemistry

If you look on the spec (page 7/8), the topics under paper one does not include section 3.1.5 which is kinetics.

Quick Reply

Latest