The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Mathematics C2- 25th May 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DW4
I got -2.19. Anyone else??

yh I got that too
Original post by Skylarkman
Peole have been saying we had to substitute the x value back in to find the value of the perimeter (which gives P=120ish) but I don't remember the question requiring this. I remember it saying onky find x to the nearest m. What does everyone reckon? Did we need to sub x back in to find Perimeter?

It said find minimum value for P.
Therefore you had to sub x= back in
Peole have been saying we had to substitute the x value back in to find the value of the perimeter (which gives P=120ish) but I don't remember the question requiring this. I remember it saying onky find x to the nearest m. What does everyone reckon? Did we need to sub x back in to find Perimeter?

NO the question stated find the minimum value of P. to do this you had to find x then sub it into P to get 120
Original post by DW4
There was no question 10!

Yeh the one about proving the sum of a series is ....

yes as the question asked for the minimum value of P.
in general how did youse find the exam? and do you think the grade boundaries will be high or low?
Original post by unifiedfield
Pretty sure B was one thousand and something

I got -1584 for B, 16 for A and k as 7/2
Reply 487
After realising the silly errors that I made in that paper. I regret the fact that I didn't complete it quicker as that would allow me to carefully look through my answers and make corrections if necessary does anyone remember question 6. A involves trig equation looks similar to this 1-2(pi/4+sinx)=0?
Anyone have a copy of the paper and/or questions and/or anwers. With the questions I can do a mark scheme.
Reply 489
Original post by jack potato
I got the same but I left my answers to 1 decimal place...(x=16.6 and p=120.something) did the question ask to leave the answers as integers? would I still get full marks for that question?

I prefer to work with more decimal places to make sure my answer is accurate. I think the question said "give your answer to the nearest meter" so I left it as P = 120
You'll probably still get the marks because the mark schemes usually accept answers that round to the correct answer :smile:
Reply 490
Original post by HeenaChowdry
how many marks would i lose for the first trig questions, if I only found 1 correct value

probably just one
Reply 491
Original post by unifiedfield
Pretty sure B was one thousand and something

I think it was:

-288k + 1944 = B
but k=7/2
-288(7/2) + 1944 = B
-1008 + 1944 = B
therefore B = 936
Reply 492

They didn't ask us to find x, they asked for the perimeter which we can only work out once we've found x, so yes we needed to substitute x into P.
This C2 exam went really well for me :smile:

k= 7/2 and B was like 936.
Reply 494
Original post by AlonsoAMG
Yeh the one about proving the sum of a series is ....

??
You talking about question 1?
Reply 495
Original post by mani119
It said find minimum value for P.
Therefore you had to sub x= back in
you must sub in the value of x into the 2nd order derivative so d^2p/dx^2 that will give you what your looking for if it is >0 then it is a minimum <0 it is a maximum.
Original post by DW4
??
You talking about question 1?

He's trying to troll by saying there was a question 10 when there wasn't
i got 120 for P last question however i forgot to put units do i lose a mark?
Original post by DW4
I think it was:

-288k + 1944 = B
but k=7/2
-288(7/2) + 1944 = B
-1008 + 1944 = B
therefore B = 936

This is correctomundo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jbaten
you must sub in the value of x into the 2nd order derivative so d^2p/dx^2 that will give you what your looking for if it is >0 then it is a minimum <0 it is a maximum.

I know that, I was replying to someone who wasn't sure that you had to find the perimeter not just the x value

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending