The Student Room Group

2016 Edexcel C2 Morning exam[discussion thread]

Scroll to see replies

Anybody got the mark scheme??
Reply 121
can anyone remember the total marks for Q9?
Original post by shayefc

I think it was 15?
Reply 123
Original post by mcfatty
how did we find it all?

like the differentiation question?
not too bad the trig equation caused some problems and the last question apart from that it was decent edexcel having mercy for a change lol.
Reply 124
Anyone have an idea of when the models answers will come out?
Reply 125
Original post by jbaten
not too bad the trig equation caused some problems and the last question apart from that it was decent edexcel having mercy for a change lol.
do you remember the trig question by any chance it was 1-2(pi/4+sinx)=0 or something of the sort
Would appreciate if someone could explain how to go about solving that as I had no clue lol.
Reply 126
NOT IN ORDER

1. prove that a is 64
show sum to infinity
find the difference between 9th and 10th terms

2. find remainder for (2x+?)
show that (x+2) is a factor
factorise the whole thing

3. expand first 3 values of binomial expansion
find A
find k
calculate B

4. trapezium fill in y value
work out trapezium area
work out other area

5. solve for cos(theta + pi/5) between -pi and +pi
show how equation given equals the rearranged version using sin^2x + cos^x = 1 and find values between 0 and 360

6. logs 2 questions

7. integration, area under the curve

8. find area of sector in terms of x
area question = 1000m^2 prove
perimeter proof
find minimum
prove minimum

9?
Reply 127
limits were 0 to 9.
but for the area didn't you have to subtract the area of the triangle from the area obtained using the integral? I think I got something like 24 as the area from the integral and then took away like 17 or something. not exactly sure though.
Reply 128
Original post by shayefc

2) area of sector in terms of x
3) show y =... (area)
3) show perimeter =...
5) find minimum of P
2) prove it's a minimum
Original post by megans98
Please could someone post/try to remember the questions!

Ok I'll try:

1 Geometric series question, prove a=64a=64 given S4=175S_4=175 and workout sum to infinity.

2 Trapezium rule. y=82x1y=8-2^{x-1} in the interval [0,4][0,4] with 4 trapeziums

3 Circle centred at (7,8)(7,8). Find the equation of it and of a tangent at point (10,13)(10,13)

4 where fx=6x3+13x24f x =6x^3+13x^2-4 find the remainder when divided by (2x+3)(2x+3) then factorise it fully given (x+2)(x+2) is a factor.

5 Expansion of (29x)4(2-9x)^4. The using that expand (1+kx)(29x)4(1+kx)(2-9x)^4 in the form A232x+Bx2A -232x + Bx^2 given the coefficient of xx

6 12sin(θπ5)=01-2\sin(\theta - \frac{\pi}{5})=0 solve for θ\theta
and
4cos2x+7sinx2=04\cos^2 x + 7\sin x - 2 = 0

7 This was (3xx32)dx\int (3x-x^{\frac{3}{2}}) dx and then find the limits (where it crossed the xx axis.

8 Simple find xx given 22x+57(2x)=12^{2x+5}-7(2^x)=-1.

9 Find optimum perimeter of a funny shape witch comprised a rectangle, sector and a equilateral triangle, need diagram.
Reply 130
Original post by Jopster
limits were 0 to 9.
but for the area didn't you have to subtract the area of the triangle from the area obtained using the integral? I think I got something like 24 as the area from the integral and then took away like 17 or something. not exactly sure though.

that is what I did
Original post by Thahid
Anyone have an idea of when the models answers will come out?

Arsey isn't doing any. He has also asked that nobody else does any, but I mean it's not like he is an official Edexcel representative so I'd probably do solutions if the paper was around. Though many people have offered to do the same.
Reply 132
Original post by AstarAstarA
as long as you used the correct method to solve the question you should be alright BTW you cannot have a final answer of a negative area it isn't logical or sensible maths isn't about regurgitating formula and facts to soolve questions it's about applying what you know to unfamiliar scenarios/contexts it is a beautiful language that enable us to describe the world around us once truly mastered that is.
Reply 133
Original post by shayefc

it was 15 marks
Original post by shayefc

(2) Area of sector
(3) Show area
(3) prove perimeter
(5) find minimum value of p
(2?) justify, with further differentiation, it's a min
Original post by jbaten
as long as you used the correct method to solve the question you should be alright BTW you cannot have a final answer of a negative area it isn't logical or sensible maths isn't about regurgitating formula and facts to soolve questions it's about applying what you know to unfamiliar scenarios/contexts it is a beautiful language that enable us to describe the world around us once truly mastered that is.

This wasn't an area, this was the logx
Original post by X_IDE_sidf

9 Find optimum perimeter of a funny shape witch comprised a rectangle, sector and a equilateral triangle, need diagram.

bad drawing.PNG
Here a drawing (i made it in paint) of the diagram.
Hes on about the log question, which had -2.19 as an answer.
Reply 138
Original post by M8ty
That was so easy😂
Expect grade boundries to be high.
You must be stupid to have not got at least 70+

wow your comment reeks of insecurity...
Original post by Cake_Chan
bad drawing.PNG
Here a drawing (i made it in paint) of the diagram.

Thankyou,

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4117691

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending