The Student Room Group

Edexcel S3 - Wednesday 25th May AM 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FugFig
For the pmcc/spearman comparison, could you say that there is association but not linear?

I'm pretty sure this is the whole point of the question? Although I'd have said there is evidence of a positive correlation but the relationship is not necessarily linear
how many marks was the last question?
Reply 1302
how many marks is that binomial question (part a)?
Original post by Euclidean
6 marks

Thanks. 6 marks was for 6c, right? Do you remember, by any chance, how many marks was 6b, which was to calculate r and s? Because that's were I made a mistake with lambda :frown:
I'm pretty sure this is the whole point of the question? Although I'd have said there is evidence of a positive correlation but the relationship is not necessarily linear

I think you can explicitly say non-linear, right? The whole point of the PMCC test was to see if there was a positive linear relationship, and the test concluded there wasn't.
Original post by ludmila
Thanks. 6 marks was for 6c, right? Do you remember, by any chance, how many marks was 6b, which was to calculate r and s? Because that's were I made a mistake with lambda :frown:

I think it was 8, 3, 6
For question 2, did you have to do the expected frequencies to 2 decimal places or was that just for question 6? I left mine as fractions so how many marks would I lose since I did everything else correctly?
Original post by JammyMelons
For question 2, did you have to do the expected frequencies to 2 decimal places or was that just for question 6? I left mine as fractions so how many marks would I lose since I did everything else correctly?

It was for question 2 too.

Probably 1 or 2 accuracy marks?
Original post by ninjass
My answers - I thought t was fairly standard

1a) More representative, individual strata estimates availiable
1b) random process, no interviewer bias

2) 5.61 and I think you rejected

3a) When the data isn't bivariate noral
b) 0.75 and I think you rejected
You accepted the pmcc question
e) You HAD TO say about ranks - days where sales of ice cream ranked highly, ranked highly for sunglasses

4a) 0.7794
b) 760,302.25
c) 0.0107

5a) 1.95 and you rejected
b) Var of sample = var of population. Samples are independent of each other. CANT MENTION CLT - as its not an assumption, it's a thorem
c) tricky - 12.7

6a) Test statistic was 4.1 and you accepted
b) r= 26.78 s= 16.07
c) Test statistic was 14.65 you reject

7a) 19.15%,19.85%
b) Paul shoud tell them to lover stated weight
c) n=44

Who agrees?

For the fat fighters question does it matter if you didn't write percentages for the confidence interval?
I think it was 8, 3, 6

Cheers. Oh well, I don't think I'll get more than 3 marks out of those 9.
Original post by qqqqqa
how many marks is that binomial question (part a)?

8 marks
Original post by ludmila
Cheers. Oh well, I don't think I'll get more than 3 marks out of those 9.

Don't worry, focus on your other exams :smile:

In the whole scheme of things S3 isn't that important
For 1 a, Can you still get anything if you write along the lines of its results best reflecting the population as proportion of stratum in sample equals proportion of that strata in population. And for point 2 stating population divides into mutually exclusive groups ??
Original post by Rkai01
For the fat fighters question does it matter if you didn't write percentages for the confidence interval?

please someone tells me it does not matter... Life wiould then be much easier
Probably I'm just not as good in statistics as I thought I was, haha.

Yes, FP2 and M1 next. Yay :smile:
Original post by kwanbrain1
please someone tells me it does not matter... Life wiould then be much easier

Yeah I also didn't include percentage marks, fingers crossed it didn't matter. I imagine only -1 mark if it did though?
Just printed off loads of papers, you doing all textbook questions and then papers or just smashing through papers?

U done S4 yet?
Might learn it all in the next few days whilst i can remember S3!
Original post by cjlh
Yeah I also didn't include percentage marks, fingers crossed it didn't matter. I imagine only -1 mark if it did though?

That could be 2/3 ums so is a lot actually :frown:
Original post by cjlh

I assume it is just a unit like kg, which Edexcel does not penalise in the past.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending