The Student Room Group

Edexcel S3 - Wednesday 25th May AM 2016

Scroll to see replies

how many marks is question 4 worth??
Original post by Rkai01
That could be 2/3 ums so is a lot actually :frown:

Trying to convince myself I did well enough for it to not make much of a difference but I'm having a hard time haha. Best not to get too het up about it; I did that with M3 and was anxious for days after. Just rolling with it from now.

Original post by kwanbrain1
I assume it is just a unit like kg, which Edexcel does not penalise in the past.

Good point but it's not exactly a unit in the same sense. It's anyone's guess I suppose.
Original post by physicsmaths
U done S4 yet?Might learn it all in the next few days whilst i can remember S3!

Nah, I've only got a pdf of the textbook. That may be a good idea as I don't know how else I'll find the time to study it tbh
Original post by kwanbrain1
please someone tells me it does not matter... Life wiould then be much easier

I think I've messed up because I put [A,B] and then on the next line wrote [A%, B%] :lol:
Original post by Euclidean
Nah, I've only got a pdf of the textbook. That may be a good idea as I don't know how else I'll find the time to study it tbh

U done S4 yet?Might learn it all in the next few days whilst i can remember S3!

I have casually read the book a few times, most of it is more of the same, save for the error thing (1st chapter). The only thing I would be worried about is how much of it is non-maths (I don't know yet), like the sampling questions in S3.
Original post by gagafacea1
I have casually read the book a few times, most of it is more of the same, save for the error thing (1st chapter). The only thing I would be worried about is how much of it is non-maths (I don't know yet), like the sampling questions in S3.

@physicsmaths

Is it worth getting an S4 thread going?
@physicsmaths

I guess yeah. I mean there will probably be like five people participating in it, but yeah why not?
@physicsmaths

Already is 1
Already is 1

Are you serious? :colonhash: Admins are gonna think I'm making duplicate threads on purpose...
Original post by cjlh
Trying to convince myself I did well enough for it to not make much of a difference but I'm having a hard time haha. Best not to get too het up about it; I did that with M3 and was anxious for days after. Just rolling with it from now.

Good point but it's not exactly a unit in the same sense. It's anyone's guess I suppose.

If I'm not mistaken it said mu% so surely the interval takes into account that possibly?
Was Q4 part (a) 4 marks?
The question about P(l e1-e2 l > 2)
I realised what I did wrong, I worked out the P that the egg difference was less than 2, how many marks have I lost?image.jpg
Reply 1332
Original post by Rkai01
For 1 a, Can you still get anything if you write along the lines of its results best reflecting the population as proportion of stratum in sample equals proportion of that strata in population. And for point 2 stating population divides into mutually exclusive groups ??

I had the same point 2 as you, my point 1 was that it's more suitable for larger populations. But I think any argument about it being more representative is fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by connorbarr
I realised what I did wrong, I worked out the P that the egg difference was less than 2, how many marks have I lost?image.jpg

How many marks was that?
If 4 then you will deffo have 2 and could be 3 because thi of z is still part of the process in finding 0.7794 or whatever
I don't get why the confidence interval was 4 marks
Original post by Rkai01
How many marks was that?
If 4 then you will deffo have 2 and could be 3 because thi of z is still part of the process in finding 0.7794 or whatever

I reckon i lost 2 because I just worked out the wrong area so 1 method and 1 accuracy lost
Original post by Fbiemad
Was Q4 part (a) 4 marks?
The question about P(l e1-e2 l > 2)

5 pointer
Original post by fa991
I had the same point 2 as you, my point 1 was that it's more suitable for larger populations. But I think any argument about it being more representative is fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Large populations is for systematic though. I'm annoyed I didn't write for large samples but donno about large population dude
Original post by Rkai01
If I'm not mistaken it said mu% so surely the interval takes into account that possibly?

Oh yeah, thinking back you're right. Well I think that's sorted then, mustn't matter.

Original post by Nikhilm
I don't get why the confidence interval was 4 marks

I'm glad someone else was left thinking that, I thought I'd gotten something wrong
Original post by cjlh
Oh yeah, thinking back you're right. Well I think that's sorted then, mustn't matter.

I'm glad someone else was left thinking that, I thought I'd gotten something wrong

Normally it's 3 or even 2 marks ... one of the marks must be for putting the %

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending