The Student Room Group

How to withdraw money from SAVINGS account?

How is this done?
Depends on the type of savings account you have. Does it come with a bank card? it not, you may be able to do it in branch.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Depends on the type of savings account you have. Does it come with a bank card? it not, you may be able to do it in branch.

As far as I know, it doesn't come with a bank card. If it does, I don't know where it is, anyway.

I've got the bank book for it. Would it be enough to just walk into the branch, say "here's my book I'd like to withdraw everything from it" and done or what?
Original post by similarBlank
As far as I know, it doesn't come with a bank card. If it does, I don't know where it is, anyway.

I've got the bank book for it. Would it be enough to just walk into the branch, say "here's my book I'd like to withdraw everything from it" and done or what?

Yes. Maybe bring photographic ID too just in case.
Original post by fr0sr_
Yes. Maybe bring photographic ID too just in case.

Yeah, I'll do that as well.

The thing is is this account was created for me nearly two decades ago and, as a result, I'm not the trustee on it, which might cause a problem, perhaps? It's my account, someone else is the trustee though.
If you have the online login details for the saving account you can usually transfer online it to a current account if you have one and then withdraw the money from an ATM? Not sure if this is any help...
Original post by similarBlank
Yeah, I'll do that as well.The thing is is this account was created for me nearly two decades ago and, as a result, I'm not the trustee on it, which might cause a problem, perhaps? It's my account, someone else is the trustee though.

I can't say I'm too clued up on banking policy and all that stuff, but all I'd do if I were in your shoes is pop over to your local branch and ask to withdraw, and if they query it just explain what you've just explained to me.
Original post by fr0sr_
I can't say I'm too clued up on banking policy and all that stuff, but all I'd do if I were in your shoes is pop over to your local branch and ask to withdraw, and if they query it just explain what you've just explained to me.

Yeah, thanks, I'll probably do this next time I'm near the local branch. :smile:
Do you not have online banking? You can do it that way =)
@The Epicurean, strong with the interpretation of saving's account he is. Need him now we do.

@Zamestaneh
Reply 10
Really easy with online banking, create it if you haven't already then make a transfer from your savings to your main account. Hopefully this helps, i do it on my HSBC app and it takes a min

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply