The Student Room Group

An Easy Exam? GCSE Edexcel Business

Scroll to see replies

Can somone tell me the difference between a job description and a person specification?
Original post by GCSE2016Troop
Is there an easy way to remember the six hats or do we just have to put up with it and try remember them haha?

We weren't told a method so just try and remember them as best u can! Good luck
Original post by NextGenRemix
Can somone tell me the difference between a job description and a person specification?

A job description is explaining the type of job that the company is offering but person specification is what the person specification is what type of person they want to hire :-) hope this helps
Original post by abrack
If it's anything like today's horrendous AQA AS-Level exam then you're ****ed.

People actually struggle with AQA Business Studies?
I think EDEXCEL made a mistake on that paper did anyone else notice any thing strange about the question of why small businesses fail in the first 2 yrs
Original post by X_Hope_X
I think EDEXCEL made a mistake on that paper did anyone else notice any thing strange about the question of why small businesses fail in the first 2 yrs

No the answers were over expansion and selling products not customer orientated

Yes, that's what I got!

What did you put for the benefits of using a patent?
Is it possible to get 100UMS ON UNIT 3??
Original post by SophFlorence
Yes, that's what I got!

What did you put for the benefits of using a patent?

the 20 years one and the one about protection of an invention/process

I'm so annoyed now 😪😪😪big mistake. I didn't realise the word OVER. Or I didn't see it ( I'm severely visually impaired ) Idk 😨😨 - I mean my paper was meant to be modified. But no it wasn't......
(edited 7 years ago)
What did you get for the first question asking about closing balance? 24,000 or -4000
Original post by _floralnavy
What did you get for the first question asking about closing balance? 24,000 or -4000

I think I put -4000.
Original post by Speedbird129
I think I put -4000.

YES SAME i kept going over that 1 question the whole time
What did ppl get for analysing the market research ( on ice cream business ) question ?
Original post by anonwinner
People actually struggle with AQA Business Studies?

Yes, by saying that you clearly haven't taken the new spec exams.
Reply 35
Original post by _TomHibbs
Know exactly what you mean - have you seen the 2015 past paper where they gave you an option for Person description but that wasn't an answer because it's person specification.

Things like that all the way through
Hahaha that question actually just came up again today
Reply 36
Original post by MBK14
Hahaha that question actually just came up again today

haha yeah hope I helped - or you already knew it? Anyway that's pretty much the only exam that went well for me. What did you put for the last question & definition of calculated risk
Original post by _TomHibbs
haha yeah hope I helped - or you already knew it? Anyway that's pretty much the only exam that went well for me. What did you put for the last question & definition of calculated risk

The one which had the phrase probability in it can't remember the exact one

Quick Reply