The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A Exam Thread (Breadth - May 26, 2016 and Depth - June 7, 2016)

Scroll to see replies

any predictions for the exam ?
Original post by Synonym
any predictions for the exam ?

Hmmmmm, just think of all the practicals you've done in the past year and think about the theory behind it.....it's hard to predict bc OCR could literally put anything in......:frown:
Question: When looking in a critical value table, do we always go to 0.05 as the p value in ocr bio, or do we look at other p values too- because in psychology we were taught to only look at 0.05?
Thanks.
Original post by Synonym
ahh i havent even finished revision ..im still going over module 3 and module 4 ..

Same, me too
Not looking forward to this exam at all :s-smilie: its on my birthday too :frown: just my luck. Also, anyone have any suspicions to what is going to come up? I'm revising all the modules at the moment, just hoping it goes in.
Gonna revise bio till 12pm, then do English lit till 6am and then at10:30-1 do more bio. Hopefully I can pull it off
Reply 306
is there anywhere i can get a list of all definitions for bio :/
Reply 307
What does the standard error and t test show?? Like what's it for? Anyone can explain for a dummy? PLEASe!!
Reply 308
Original post by OddFuturez
Gonna revise bio till 12pm, then do English lit till 6am and then at10:30-1 do more bio. Hopefully I can pull it off

dude that's hardcore, have you already been through biology properly and going again for checking or..?
Original post by plower
dude that's hardcore, have you already been through biology properly and going again for checking or..?

no I haven't gone through it properly so I gotta beast it out and hope for the best
no I haven't gone through it properly so I gotta beast it out and hope for the best

Dude, literally the same. I've got English tomorrow as well . Good luck
How does pH effect enzymes ?
Reply 312
Guys! Can someone help me please? For the symplast pathway, why does the cytoplasm have gaps perforated between each plant cells? Is that how plant cells link witb each other?
Reply 313

Ph above or below optimum = enzyme denatured
Ionic and hydrogen bonds broken - not disulphide though, tertiary structure changes - alter active site - substrate not fit

Original post by Dharaa
Guys! Can someone help me please? For the symplast pathway, why does the cytoplasm have gaps perforated between each plant cells? Is that how plant cells link witb each other?

Ya the plasmodesmata connects cytoplasm of plant cells, this way water moves through

Now can anyone answer my question up there in the post!!

If pH is slightly above or below the optimal pH the enzyme will change shape and not function properly, however if placed back into original pH then it will work again fine. If the pH is way over or below then it will cause it to denature and can't e changed back.
Reply 315
Original post by IRoranth
Question: When looking in a critical value table, do we always go to 0.05 as the p value in ocr bio, or do we look at other p values too- because in psychology we were taught to only look at 0.05?
Thanks.
Yup pretty much, cos that's the accepted level
Reply 316
Original post by plower
What does the standard error and t test show?? Like what's it for? Anyone can explain for a dummy? PLEASe!!

have you found an answer for this? coz i really have no clue what this is about
Hello,

Can any one help me in part b please.

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
if anyone has the secret papers and mark scheme for ocr could they please put it on here :smile:
Revise over the circulatory systems and ECG's

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending