The Student Room Group

P1 physics edexcel did you guys find it awful?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Cool_Henry
I converted the Watts into KW and multiplied the numbers. I believe the answer was around 1.07p
I did the same thing as you and rounded to 1p. Glad I got the same I was very worried about that one as it just didn't seem like a sensible answer at the time! 😊
Nice one! :smile:

Induction of a current? (3 marks)
The test was pretty hard compared to all the past physics papers tbf. Fingers crossed grade boundaries will be low
I'm hoping they will have to drop the grade boundaries too honestly ugh
I got around 3100p for the cost question... probably incorrect.
If people have questions on the exam I would be happy to answer them :smile:

The question where we were given a cork and water.

I found the exam difficult, not too difficult; but it was way harder than the other two exams.
Original post by TheNerdxP
Induction of a current? (3 marks)

Induction of a current is when you move a coil through a magnet creating an alternating current that passes on charge in the coil. That's what I put anyway
Yes this paper wanted students to apply their knowledge about what they learnt in the book throughout the paper which is what made it a difficult paper really

I get that but I do think it was too different to what we had learnt so it would be very difficult to apply that knowledge through those questions :smile:
worst p1 exam I've ever seen it was absolutely awful and makes me question why we bothered revising when most of it didn't come up :frown:
What did people get for the frequency question (4 marks)?
I got like 3 x 10^-15
Reply 30
What did you guys put for the wave frequency when we were given wave speed and wavelength?
I got something like 3.45x10^14
Original post by Tiger-lily15
Me too:frown:

Same here 😭
Original post by weste1602
worst p1 exam I've ever seen it was absolutely awful and makes me question why we bothered revising when most of it didn't come up :frown:

Exactly - worked so hard for this 😖
Original post by Afro Tail
The question where we were given a cork and water.

I found the exam difficult, not too difficult; but it was way harder than the other two exams.

The cork would have moved perpendicular to the direction of the wave. This is because water waves are transverse. Therefore if the wave travels towards the right/left the cork will move up and down only
Original post by CFCITBC
What did you guys put for the wave frequency when we were given wave speed and wavelength?

I got that
I didn't get any of them answers for the frequency :/
Original post by zaggalicious
If you're talking about IGCSE Physics 1 Edexcel then dude, let me please cry with you. There was a question about POLAR BEARS like what even... :frown:

the divers were so confusing!
ahhhhhhh that was so horrible now i have to put so much effort into p2 and p3 ffs
Original post by CFCITBC

I got that too
Original post by CFCITBC

Same ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending