The Student Room Group

OCR BIOLOGY GATEWAY B 25TH MAY 2016 B1 B2 B3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HouseOfRichman
I thought it was glucose because the question said it was a chemical?? I may be wrong though :smile:

I said lactic acid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlievanest
substance X was lactic acid because it builds when you respire anaerobically then is removed slowly after exercise by excretion, egestion and neutralisation

That makes sense :smile:
Original post by Macauley Ware
4000/200,000 = 0.02, times 100 for a percentage = 2%.

Judging by everyone on here, i think the grade boundaries are going to be crazily high - unless we are the ones who did quite well and found it easy...

Yh I got 2% as well.... I'm not sure, basically everyone that I talked who was taking the exam found it really hard, I hope they are quite low as normal...
Reply 123
What was the answer to the amino acid and enzyme question thing on the last page?
Unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rahah7
What was the answer to the amino acid and enzyme question thing on the last page?

can't remember the numbers but you multiplied the number of amino acids by 3 because there are 3 bases in 1 amino acid
Reply 126
Original post by rahah7

I put 2 thousand something because I thought that the bases were read in triplets in amino acids so nine hundred whatever the number was times 3 = 2 thousand whatever it was
Original post by rahah7

I got 928*3 so 2784 and I sed cause 3 amino acids code for 1 base pretty sure tats wrong issuing at the end
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 128
I put whichever one had the thicker muscle... I think it was D

Yeh it had to be D because it was thicker and that's due to it fulfilling its role in pumping blood around to the whle body. But the whole mirror thing confused me and I put it was the right ventricles when it was acc the left ventricles but would I still get ful marks cause I said it was D?
Original post by Zoroarrkk
I said the reason the two where the same is due to your maximum vital capacity and that substance X was Carbon Dioxide as it rises when you exercise. but I might be wrong.

wasnt it lactic acid?
or am i wrong lol?
Original post by rahah7

Was running out of time but said something like different lengths of amino acids mean the production of different proteins
Then the calculation one I multiplied the value by 3 because three bases make one amino acid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queenfluffy23
Yh I got 2% as well.... I'm not sure, basically everyone that I talked who was taking the exam found it really hard, I hope they are quite low as normal...

judging by the low repulsion, the boundaries will rise, by a few marks, now we rely on the leniency, from examiners.
Reply 132
Original post by charlievanest
can't remember the numbers but you multiplied the number of amino acids by 3 because there are 3 bases in 1 amino acid

I didn't mean that question I meant the one below it if you can remember and I divided the number it gave by 4 cause there are 4 bases..😬
Original post by queenfluffy23

I hated the exam but everyone I spoke to found it really easy. These grade boundaries are going to have to be very low if I want to pass
I did quite awful on my coursework (not an excuse but i had to do it in two nights as i moved class), and so if these ground boundaries are so high that i don't comfortably beat the A star grade boundary - i could be screwed :/.
Probably should have revised :frown:
Reply 135
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Was running out of time but said something like different lengths of amino acids mean the production of different proteins
Then the calculation one I multiplied the value by 3 because three bases make one amino acid

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear it just talked about normal dna bases (4) and not amino acids which is the triplet thing which is why I divided it by 4😩😂
Reply 136
Original post by bjjjjjhhjhjhjh
both 50%

i got 25% and 50% oops
MYANSWERS NOT NECESSARILY IN ORDER SORRY

1) Aand B : Retina which has light receptors so is sensitive to the light
Iris which controls how much light enters the eye (2 MARKS)

2)cornea(refracts), lens(focuses)

3?) binocular works by field of view overlapping and the brain interprets info to create 3D image(2/3MARKS)

4?) stimulant because in diagram there was more neurotransmitter released after taking the drink
(edited 7 years ago)
Can anyone remember all of the questions of the exam and their marks?
I put whichever one had the thicker muscle... I think it was D

you look too old for gcse, you 32 ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending