The Student Room Group

Igcse edexcel physics exam 1PR

Scroll to see replies

A you?
Reply 21
Original post by Igcse1student
What the other questions, do you remember anything and there answers??

I almost remember all the questions but since am having 2 exams tomorrow, we will discuss tomorrow
Original post by Talha9
Well.. Idk how you guys can say that paper was all easy?
coz I found difficulties in question which was regarding pressure and volume experiment, which was of 12 marks. I also found hot air balloon question kinda tricky. Probably made mistakes apart from these 2 question as well (silly mistake )

I am the only one from my school that said it was though, there were a lot of questions regarding pressure!!!
Original post by Talha9
I almost remember all the questions but since am having 2 exams tomorrow, we will discuss tomorrow

Same, alright then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Talha9
coz I found difficulties in question which was regarding pressure and volume experiment, which was of 12 marks. I also found hot air balloon question kinda tricky. Probably made mistakes apart from these 2 question as well (silly mistake )

They were pretty basic and straightforward
Reply 25
Original post by TheCe
They were pretty basic and straightforward

What was your answer for the question in which the pilot was pouring sand to control acceleration ?
and
Wb the question which asked the effect on the upward force for the first few seconds when the ropes were removed ?
Can you answer these questions for me
Reply 26
Original post by Talha9
What was your answer for the question in which the pilot was pouring sand to control acceleration ?
and
Wb the question which asked the effect on the upward force for the first few seconds when the ropes were removed ?
Can you answer these questions for me

Pouring sand will:-
1) increase the weight of the balloon
2) greater force downwards
3) Hence lesser acceleration

Effect on upward force:-
1) Unbalance force upwards
2) Balloon will accelerate for a bit
3) Drag comes into play
4) Acceleration decreases
Reply 27
Original post by Talha9

Yeah that question was messed up! I feel like i did better in the last 7 questions tho: there was one on electricity with the iron and the lamp
The refraction index was easy, radioactivity was good
Reply 28
For the protractor measurements, I got 40 and 20 degrees respectively, with a linear graph and 1.55 RI.
Reply 29
Original post by ENT
For the protractor measurements, I got 40 and 20 degrees respectively, with a linear graph and 1.55 RI.

Same!!! High five buddy!!
Reply 30
Original post by TheCe
Pouring sand will:-
1) increase the weight of the balloon
2) greater force downwards
3) Hence lesser acceleration

Effect on upward force:-
1) Unbalance force upwards
2) Balloon will accelerate for a bit
3) Drag comes into play
4) Acceleration decreases

If he's pouring out the sang from the bags wouldn't that increase acceleration cause he's reducing the downward force, hencer a greater upward resultant force, which is newtons 2 law
Reply 31
Original post by mirah01
If he's pouring out the sang from the bags wouldn't that increase acceleration cause he's reducing the downward force, hencer a greater upward resultant force, which is newtons 2 law

Yeah you're right

#screwed
Reply 32
Original post by TheCe
Yeah you're right

#screwed

Chill! It's only two marks
Reply 33
Original post by TheCe
Yeah you're right

#screwed

Hell Crap !! I thought he is pouring sand in the balloon which will decrease its acceleration !
What was the answer for (0,0) origin question ?
How can he make test fair ?
Which 3 boxes we had to tick ?
Renewable source in providing electricity ? its second part also ?
What were the value of Angle of incidence and Angle of Reflection ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Talha9

A gas can't have zero volume or zero pressure.
I think they were the middle three.
Geothermal it was.
Wind/solar etc for second part.
40 and 20.
Original post by mirah01
How did the exam go?

Good

Original post by Igcse1student
Hey guys what did you write for the astronomy question

1) the moon (smaller than earth question)
2) The Sun and Jupiter ( bigger than earth )
3) Milky Way

and the letters questions : B,B

Original post by TheCe
I did talk about how it amplifies the sound. Let's see if someone can put together a good answer :smile:

- Current through coil induces a magnetic field.
- This field interacts with field of magnet
- This causes a force
- Regions of rarefactions and compressions created
- Longitudinal wave produced, hence sound can be heard
- As its alternating, current flows in both direction, hence allowing cone to move in two directions as well, helping to create rarefactions and compressions.

Original post by TheCe
A or B?

Both for me.

Original post by Talha9
Hell Crap !! I thought he is pouring sand in the balloon which will decrease its acceleration !

- Wrong.
- Gas is always present, meaning there's always a volume and hence a pressure.
- The 3 boxes back-to-back after the "gas has same mass.."
- Geothermal
- i = 41 degree, r= 21 degree

I MIGHT BE WRONG
Reply 37
what did you guys write for the Metal rod AB? I made some crap up about Left hand rule etc, but how does the metal rod move? I said it moves to the right. Also can someone explain the loading and unloading pressure experiment? I read the thing 15 times and I still didnt understand the loading and unloading thing. The volume recorded for loading and unloading are always the same or very similiar, but shouldnt the volume for unloading be much bigger??? Oh and was it supposed to be a curve or line of best fit?
Reply 38
What was the answer for amplitude of wavelength ? Was it 5 or 5/2 = 2.5 ? How can he make test fair ?
Original post by Etank
what did you guys write for the Metal rod AB? I made some crap up about Left hand rule etc, but how does the metal rod move? I said it moves to the right. Also can someone explain the loading and unloading pressure experiment? I read the thing 15 times and I still didnt understand the loading and unloading thing. The volume recorded for loading and unloading are always the same or very similar, but shouldn't the volume for unloading be much bigger??? Oh and was it supposed to be a curve or line of best fit?

I wrote the LHR thing for the AB rod too. Basically it was a current carrying conductor hence a magnetic field was produces around it which interfered with the permanent magnetic field hence causing a force to act and blah blah. ( i hope its correct or close to the actual answer)

I didn't get the unloading and loading question to, the last part of the question where the student is coming up with the conclusion there is a table with 3 columns volume, pressure and calculations made. Did you write anything in the 'calculations made' column cause the question didn't ask too right some of my friends wrote it and others like myself left it blank.

Oh and what was your answer for the pressure question where we had to draw the water level in the wierdly shaped containers is it just 1 straight line throughout? cause of the pressure inside = pressure outisde and atm pressure?

Quick Reply

Latest