The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7660
Original post by Zayn is Bae

You've already corrected this!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Zerforax
Why are people not more excited about Xhaka?

Because we just had a bad season, and even though he is a solid CM, we know we need to put donkey Giroud on the bench and get a proper striker.

Xhaka is the solid CM we have been crying out for a long time here. Him along with Elneny and Coquelin... it is looking better in that department now. We are getting there.
Original post by James.Carnell
Because we just had a bad season, and even though he is a solid CM, we know we need to put donkey Giroud on the bench and get a proper striker.

Xhaka is the solid CM we have been crying out for a long time here. Him along with Elneny and Coquelin... it is looking better in that department now. We are getting there.

#firstworld problems if finishing 2nd is a bad season.

People had been complaining about CM as a position to reinforce and it looks like Wenger has picked up a talented player.

People had been complaining about CM as a position to reinforce and it looks like Wenger has picked up a talented player.

I think I knew we would not win the title after the game at Anfield. Giroud missed a vital easy chance (virtually a tap in) to win the game for us.

If I knew that in January... then it suggests that we were nowhere near good enough. It was an early meltdown.

Ramsey imo is bench material when Wilshere comes back. Walcott and Chamberlain are not good enough. Giroud is a substitute striker, so is Welbeck.

Credit to Wenger though, over the past year he has really shored up CM. Now he needs to turf out Giroud.

It's a poor second place, 10 points behind the champions and could easily not have been the case if Spurs' bottle weren't as big as ours
Big 45!!!!

(edited 7 years ago)
signed more outfield players by the end of may, then we did in the entire window last year..

Good good.

Dont know enough about the player to be properly excited or not.

And wont be really excited until we bring in a new striker.
I make one joke tweet about Xhaka and the whole of Arsenal Twitter is on to me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dirtybit
Big 45!!!!

Lol the lad is already better than Chamberlain and Walcott.
Original post by sr90
I make one joke tweet about Xhaka and the whole of Arsenal Twitter is on to me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Genuinely the most sensitive lot around.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Genuinely the most sensitive lot around.

It's absolutely hilarious mate. You need to get on Twitter if you aren't already, it's so easy to bait people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you tweet?
Original post by sr90
It's absolutely hilarious mate. You need to get on Twitter if you aren't already, it's so easy to bait people

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I've been on it for years, the end to the 13/14 season was easily the time I wanted to kill myself most with the Liverpool hype. Every club has it's cycle of having nonce fans on there, but the one consistent theme is Arsenal fans being bellends.
Original post by Malevolent
What did you tweet?

How Arsenal fans are deluded cos they thought they'd win everything now they'd signed him. Was only intended as a joke before people quote me!

Oh I've been on it for years, the end to the 13/14 season was easily the time I wanted to kill myself most with the Liverpool hype. Every club has it's cycle of having nonce fans on there, but the one consistent theme is Arsenal fans being bellends.

What's your @?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James.Carnell
Lol the lad is already better than Chamberlain and Walcott.

Yes!! We go way back :cool:
Original post by sr90
How Arsenal fans are deluded cos they thought they'd win everything now they'd signed him. Was only intended as a joke before people quote me!

What's your @?

Posted from TSR Mobile

pm'd ya
pm'd ya

Cool, I'm the guy with the De Gea avi

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guy I know at my uni whos from germany and a big follower of anything Budasliga was raving about him when I asked about Xhaka. I'm sure he'll be a great signing, but it's only worthwhile if we sign a new striker and RW this window and a CB next season. Otherwise it'll just be another season of missed chances. Our defense isn't really the problem, nor is it creating chances, it's finishing them off.

Xhaka is making Neny look more and more like a mid season panic buy tbf
Big 45!!!!

Imagine a front 3 of him, Martial and Rashford :coma:

Yes!! We go way back :cool:

Wait, you know him?
Original post by leinad2012
Guy I know at my uni whos from germany and a big follower of anything Budasliga was raving about him when I asked about Xhaka. I'm sure he'll be a great signing, but it's only worthwhile if we sign a new striker and RW this window and a CB next season. Otherwise it'll just be another season of missed chances. Our defense isn't really the problem, nor is it creating chances, it's finishing them off.

Xhaka is making Neny look more and more like a mid season panic buy tbf

Tbh Elneny is a good utility player, a Dirk Kuyt type of place in the team that will be happy to play wherever he is asked.

Latest