The Student Room Group

Physics IGCSE Edexcel May 25th 2016.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sarahtroid
If you see this message early enough, could you send me the document to my emails
What documents????
[QUOTE="Pandhal;65144251" Ranveen="Ranveen"]
Original post by sarahtroid
If you see this message early enough, could you send me the document to my emails
What documents????

the notes one of the guys made for physics 57pages. could do with some notes today
[QUOTE="sarahtroid;65146677"]
Original post by Ranveen Pandhal

the notes one of the guys made for physics 57pages. could do with some notes today

Oh god!! Have 1 hr 30 mins n I see this post now!!! 🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
THE WORST EXAM POSSIBLE
So hard! What are Edexcel doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys put for the marker, first one
It was so bad... What was that last question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
The refractive index one? I said the refractive index of air is too low for internal reflection so the light will go straight through the tube of hair because the light will always be below the critical angle when hitting the tube boundary
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Who got the question on what happens to the wavelength of sound waves when they are sped up?
I think i said that the the fisrt part of the wave at the front gets sped up first so it accelerates away from the waves behind it so the wavelength increases
(edited 7 years ago)
Soooo bad!!
A girl was sniffing so I asked to be moved. Wasted 5 minutes
My calculator wasn't in deg mode and the invigilator refused to help me.
Half an hour wasted panicking!!!
Asked a different invigilator later and she gave me a new calculator!
:awesome::ahee:
Oh... And then the paper was hard too :lolwut:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
The HARDEST exam possible!
Oh my god!
Reply 51
That was horrible 🙈

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Speersy
Who got the question on what happens to the wavelength of sound waves when they are sped up?
I think i said that the the fisrt part of the wave at the front gets sped up first so it accelerates away from the waves behind it so the wavelength increases

Yeah i said the wavelength incresed, but i just used the wave equation ://
Reply 53
Original post by alexaorh
Yeah i said the wavelength incresed, but i just used the wave equation ://

I was gonna use the equation but i think that would only apply for a change in wavelength for light and I think they asked it on sound
Reply 54
Did everyone put light energy for the type of energy released from nuclear fisssion? I wasnt sure if it was thermal or light :s-smilie:
ok I genuinely thought it went quite well until I found out from peers that the M unit that was used in at least three questions meant million and not thousand (I know thousand is K, I just didn't think it through) so thats about 7% gone which is very frustrating....
Reply 56
Original post by Lrrgolas
ok I genuinely thought it went quite well until I found out from peers that the M unit that was used in at least three questions meant million and not thousand (I know thousand is K, I just didn't think it through) so thats about 7% gone which is very frustrating....

Nah youll only drop 1 mark per question cuz the method marks will save you
Reply 57
What did you guys put for the reason why passengers gain GPE when going underground in a lift?

I said that they were gaining GPE by resisting the gravity of the ground above them by going underground
But then they'd still be losing GPE on the whole because they're going underground - annoying question!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Speersy
I was gonna use the equation but i think that would only apply for a change in wavelength for light and I think they asked it on sound

Ohh maybe you're right...hopefully i get one mark for saying it gets longer!
Reply 59
Original post by alexaorh
Ohh maybe you're right...hopefully i get one mark for saying it gets longer!

I dont know myself tbh! it was just a guess, there's nothing on it in the textbook and I can't even find an answer on the internet!
But I guess the way to look at is that its basically 2 marks knocked of the grade boundary cuz barely anyone will get that right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending