The Student Room Group

Exam Rules

I was just in an exam, the examiner was standing right next to me before she called time.
At this point I was just about to finish my last word which was mean to be Poland (history exam on British appeasement) but as soon as she called time she took the test paper from my table and shouted "STOP WRITING" in my face, I never finished the word so the final sentence was "it was therefore the main reason for war over Po".
I'm fully aware that you have to stop writing once time is up but she couldn't even let me finish FOUR MORE LETTERS! In addition the tone of voice she used towards me was incredibly rude and I was wondering If I could file a valid complaint against this or not?
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol.

The marker will know its Poland unless there were Teletubbies in your essay. It would be obvious it was Poland anyway because all the rest of your essay and essay title would be heading that way. You wont have lost anything.

They normally let you finish the sentence, but you should be counting down anyway.
Ive just looked at the rules and cant see any specific statement other than stop writing. make a complaint to the exam officer or your history teacher. Alternatively ignore it and get on with your other revision.
Reply 2
Original post by LucAAde2
I'm fully aware that you have to stop writing once time is up but she couldn't even let me finish FOUR MORE LETTERS! In addition the tone of voice she used towards me was incredibly rude and I was wondering If I could file a valid complaint against this or not?

If this is all you have to complain about in your life then you should count yourself lucky. It may be that her tone of voice came across as aggressive as she was trying to project her voice to a whole room/sports hall and you were right next to her. Move on.
Reply 3
No, she definitely aimed it at me cause she looked directly at me and I could see her face go red in anger.

Please, don't assume this is my only complaint in life, I just take everyday as it comes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Lol.

The marker will know its Poland unless there were Teletubbies in your essay. It would be obvious it was Poland anyway because all the rest of your essay and essay title would be heading that way. You wont have lost anything.

They normally let you finish the sentence, but you should be counting down anyway.
Ive just looked at the rules and cant see any specific statement other than stop writing. make a complaint to the exam officer or your history teacher. Alternatively ignore it and get on with your other revision.

I wasn't worried about marking, she just really annoyed me so I wanted to know if anything could be done but looking back there isn't much point.

Cheers anyway!
Original post by LucAAde2
I wasn't worried about marking, she just really annoyed me so I wanted to know if anything could be done but looking back there isn't much point.

Cheers anyway!

Yes you can make a complaint, but I suggest you make it quickly and concisely. Do it in writing and ID the invigilator. She doesnt have to let you finish, although I think its stupid not to complete the sentence. That said you can see them coming up the aisle collecting the books.

Quick Reply