The Student Room Group

HIS2R:A SIXTIES SOCIAL REVOLUTION? British society, 1959-75 (Re-sit 2016)

Is anybody sitting this exam on Wednesday?

How are you feeling?

I think it's a pretty easy exam in terms of memorising content, but I really want to hit most, if not all of the 12 marks and 22+ for the 24 markers (and I normally can't).

Any exampler essays?
tips?
help?
holy water? (jk) :tongue:
I hate the source question :hmmm:
Nobody? :ashamed:
bump!
This is such a sad, lonely thread. I assume nobody is re-sitting this unit then... XD
Reply 5
I'm sitting this!! Not feeling really confident about it though but ah well. What do you think is going to come up?
Original post by vices
I'm sitting this!! Not feeling really confident about it though but ah well. What do you think is going to come up?

Hi!

I think mass media and liberalisation of laws are likely ones, also the establishment. Maybe widening opportunities.
I don't think youth culture or immigration is likely to come up again as it came up last year...
Good luck to everyone re sitting this exam today!
how did you guys find it?:tongue:
Reply 9
I thought it was quite a nice paper but I messed up the first 24 marker as I wrote about what was in the source but didn't reference it... Does anyone know how badly this will damage my marks?
I slightly ran out of time.. so had to round up the conclusions pretty quickly. Was a really nice paper though!
Original post by tina_nandos
how did you guys find it?:tongue:

The women question was brilliant and I predicted that would come up.

I feel a bit saddened by my answer to the 59 election and Harold wilson question :/

It was okay....

Original post by KGNines
I thought it was quite a nice paper but I messed up the first 24 marker as I wrote about what was in the source but didn't reference it... Does anyone know how badly this will damage my marks?

I don't think it will damage your marks.

Original post by arondotcom_
I slightly ran out of time.. so had to round up the conclusions pretty quickly. Was a really nice paper though!

It was okay, pretty simple but I wish I had just focused a bit harder on the early wilson years. :redface: Oh well, you live and you learn.
it was definitely better than last year though:biggrin:
Reply 13
spent way too long on the first 12 marker and not enough on the last 2 questions on mass media so probs not done that well but worse comes to worst i can't get lower than a C on this paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people write for the 12 mark source question?
Also do u think the boundaries will be high?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending