The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
Edexcel has changed their policy to lock down papers for 12 months instead of 9 months, may be something to do with that?

Interesting, hope he posts some sort of information so we know whats going on
Original post by edothero
Interesting, hope he posts some sort of information so we know whats going on

In either case, I'm planning on doing model answers myself if I can get my hands on the paper. :tongue:
Original post by Zacken
In either case, I'm planning on doing model answers myself if I can get my hands on the paper. :tongue:

Would be excellent, though aren't you doing IAL?
I would love to see how I did post-exam, could really allow me to make the most of my summer without worrying too much :h:
Would be excellent, though aren't you doing IAL?

Yeah, but UK is much more popular so I'll probably end up doing either both or just UK.

I would love to see how I did post-exam, could really allow me to make the most of my summer without worrying too much :h:

Yeah, that's exactly why I want to do them. :smile:
Wait so Arsey won't be doing post exam answers for any modules now?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, but UK is much more popular so I'll probably end up doing either both or just UK.
Yeah, that's exactly why I want to do them. :smile:

Let's see what happens with the C2 exam
Original post by CALI1198
Wait so Arsey won't be doing post exam answers for any modules now?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

I doubt it

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Zacken just to fill you in, apparently Edexcel aren't too happy with the fact that solutions are available after the exam on TSR, so they might've got in touch with Arsey telling him to stop doing them.
@Zacken just to fill you in, apparently Edexcel aren't too happy with the fact that solutions are available after the exam on TSR, so they might've got in touch with Arsey telling him to stop doing them.

That sounds really mean. :frown: They haven't had a problem with it in the past, boggles the mind as to why they've suddenly gone all draconian.
Original post by Zacken
That sounds really mean. :frown: They haven't had a problem with it in the past, boggles the mind as to why they've suddenly gone all draconian.

Indeed, though I'm sure Arsey will inform us about it one way or another. Hows revision going?
Indeed, though I'm sure Arsey will inform us about it one way or another. Hows revision going?

So-so, got S3 tomorrow. Not sure how to feel about that. You? :tongue:

We cna just post them the day after.
I think because some people in europe and other countries outside UK still do the UK papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
So-so, got S3 tomorrow. Not sure how to feel about that. You? :tongue:

I have no exams until FP2 :colone:
Ergh, statistics, not a fan. Good luck nevertheless :biggrin:

Original post by physicsmaths
I think because some people in europe and other countries outside UK still do the UK papers.

I don't think that's the reason, again, I hope Arsey informs us one way or another. We will see what happens with C2 tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt that's the reason, as Arsey must have got them from Edexcel himself anyway?
Original post by Euclidean
I doubt that's the reason, as Arsey must have got them from Edexcel himself anyway?

He swipes them from the centre itself. Papers aren't available until at least 24 hours after the exam to everybody from Edexcel.
Original post by Euclidean

Teachers who have students sitting it get all the papers from exams offices as they have laods spares and give them to the maths department.
Reply 336
Teachers who have students sitting it get all the papers from exams offices as they have laods spares and give them to the maths department.

True, but the official rule is that they remain locked away until 24hrs after the exam..
Original post by anndz3007
any hard questions on any of the topic ?? i need to prepare myself or else i would end up having a freaking heart attack in the exam

Conics tend to be the hardest questions on the paper from what I've noticed

Hello, I've got a few questions. For question 7 june 2014 FP3, for the surface area question why do you use 2pi and not pi for the surface area formula because the question says it is rotated through pi radians. Is it because the positive arc and negative arc of the circle both rotate through pi radians thus we they both add to give a total surface area of 2pi*(integral)? Also for question 7c why is pi/2 instead of just pi? Is it because y is positive so you only consider the positive quadrant so you're working out a quarter of the total circumference? Since if you squared both sides y could +1 or -1 when x=0 but the -1 is creating from squaring both sides therefore the domain of y is y=>0. That's what I think but I'm not sure. Lastly, do you think this year's paper will be as hard as the last two? I find it much better that way since the grade boundaries are so much lower.
Thanks in advance :smile: Sorry if there are too many questions.
For diagonal matrices, does it matter where my numbers are in the matrix, e.g. the solution banks answer is 0 top left -1 mid 8 bottom right whereas mine is -1 top left 8 mid 0 bottom right. I'm assuming i've just defined my P matrix slightly differently to them hence the difference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending