The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bjb2000
I do, exam tomorrow 😬, for 4 markers it usually just answer the question with either two reasons or examples unless it's states one in which case just develop your answer. For 5 mark question do the same but add in context about the case e.g if it's a far then say sell more eggs. For 6 marker refer to case study and also normally include two parts. For nine markers CASE STUDYnis key make sure it is in CONTEXT!! Also stick to your decision and try finish with a conclusion that highlights a new point. Hope this helps and good luck 👍🏻

Thanks. Business went really well. I did it today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who the **** wrote the OCR 21st century Physics exam? No one found that easy. It was extremely hard. Although I think I did fairly well in that. Business was piss easy as expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
People were tearing their past papers in two because they said there was no point in doing them. I hate to say it but physics made everyone **** themselves today and I mean everyone. From the cream of the crop to the bottom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Who the **** wrote the OCR 21st century Physics exam? No one found that easy. It was extremely hard. Although I think I did fairly well in that. Business was piss easy as expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

...we all found it easy. I thought it was easier than chemistry and I didn't even know that was possible. No ideas about science questions, a considerable number of tick box questions, lovely 6 markers (particularly the 2nd) - what didn't you like about it?
Original post by NiamhM1801
...we all found it easy. I thought it was easier than chemistry and I didn't even know that was possible. No ideas about science questions, a considerable number of tick box questions, lovely 6 markers (particularly the 2nd) - what didn't you like about it?

I found that I did fairly well. The six markers were fine as well. I could answer everything but for some reason everyone found it difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I found that I did fairly well. The six markers were fine as well. I could answer everything but for some reason everyone found it difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I got at least 50 marks, maybe as high as 52 which is VERY unusual for me! I found the questions really nice and there weren't any that really stumped me except where to put the X on that dotted line, I'm 90% sure I got that one wrong.
Original post by NiamhM1801
I think I got at least 50 marks, maybe as high as 52 which is VERY unusual for me! I found the questions really nice and there weren't any that really stumped me except where to put the X on that dotted line, I'm 90% sure I got that one wrong.

Well done. I think I just might get an A* for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm past half way through my exams and I'm pretty sure I've got an A* in all of them thus far!
Original post by Redcoats
I'm past half way through my exams and I'm pretty sure I've got an A* in all of them thus far!

Well done, how do you know though?
How did you revise for your GCSEs?
hey Zoe, I know that you are revising but just had a quick question.
could you possibly give a quick summary of your revision process? when did u start your revision for mocks/actual GCSEs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only 4 out of 22 exams left! Confident I got at least 4-5 A*s, depending on how the rest and the curves go it might end up at 7-8 A*s. Fingers crossed for 8 :biggrin:
Original post by Mac117
Only 4 out of 22 exams left! Confident I got at least 4-5 A*s, depending on how the rest and the curves go it might end up at 7-8 A*s. Fingers crossed for 8 :biggrin:

how have you revised for your exams? how much time did you give yourself to revise? great results by the way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel sort of the same way about Biology yesterday - I answered everything but I'm just not convinced it was the answer it needed. I thought it was difficult.

Original post by Redcoats

Well done that's fantastic!! :biggrin:

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
hey Zoe, I know that you are revising but just had a quick question.
could you possibly give a quick summary of your revision process? when did u start your revision for mocks/actual GCSEs?

I've sort of been revising since we started the courses so I could keep up and everythiing, but for mocks I really knuckled down a couple of weeks before and for actual GCSEs I've been continuing to revise since my first mocks in December :smile:

Original post by Mac117

You've got through them quick :biggrin: Fingers crossed you get the 8 :wink:
UPDATE FOR 25/05/16

Heroes Key themes and chapter summary

Maths revision

And just to update you guys on exams done:

English Lit 1

Geog Physical

Biology 1

ICT

And I have Maths today :smile:

Good luck everyone
Original post by brainzistheword
UPDATE FOR 25/05/16

Heroes Key themes and chapter summary

Maths revision

And just to update you guys on exams done:

English Lit 1

Geog Physical

Biology 1

ICT

And I have Maths today :smile:

Good luck everyone

Well done good luck on Maths!!
Original post by nisha.sri
Well done good luck on Maths!!

Thank you - have you got any exams? :smile:
Thank you - have you got any exams? :smile:

No worries yep Maths Edexcel :smile:
Are you ready for it ?
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Thank-you very much Niamh :smile: your tips seem really helpful and I appreciate the time taken to write this :smile: Yeah I will try out your strategies for my mocks and see what happens :smile: do you think it is a good idea to start revising for my year eleven mocks in the summer holidays? I really badly mucked up by end of year ten exams - due to lack of preparation, so do you think that it would be worth it in starting early? My year eleven mocks are in November by the way :smile:

Thank-you again for your advice

Sorry I completely missed this!

You should start revising whenever you feel you need to to make sure you get all the content learnt and so that it sticks in your brain - if you feel that that's the summer holidays then go for it! The only thing is would say about it is don't do loads in the summer as firstly it's a holiday and a break from school stuff, also you don't want to burn out, and finally by starting in summer you might forget things by November, so make sure you keep going back to the stuff you did in summer nearer the time of your mocks - you won't need to spend long on it because you've done it once before. But just do it to refresh.

I think that rather than trying to revise during summer, maybe you could try reading up on the stuff you're going to learn in year 11 instead? That way you'll get a head start and it'll make learning it at school easier so you can understand it better when you come to revise :smile:

But yeah if you think you need more preparation time then take it! :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
No worries yep Maths Edexcel :smile:
Are you ready for it ?

Same! This is the only exam I feel confident about - do you?
Same! This is the only exam I feel confident about - do you?

Yes same !! I'm kinda excited :h: I feel confident too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending