The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ShootingStar11
Is this 2KBW London/Portsmouth or both?

I rang the London number and spoke to someone there so I assume it was only for London. But I can't be certain sorry.
Reply 1261
Original post by hoobler
One Essex Court status changed to 'assessment'. Any idea what that means?

I have the same. I suppose it just means that they only 'just' started reviewing?
Reply 1262
Gateway has changed for 2HC, from applied to shortlisted.

Anyone else in the same predicament??
Original post by Hannii
Gateway has changed for 2HC, from applied to shortlisted.

Anyone else in the same predicament??

Mine is still down as 'applied'
Original post by Powertothepupil
Mine is still down as 'applied'

If i remember rightly from last year they dealt with them in batches so if you have not heard yet it doesn't mean anything so do not worry.
Anyone who has previously had a first round with No5 Chambers willing to share their experience? Any helpful tips? Thank you!
Does anyone have any experiences of first round interviews at 1 Garden Court or 4 Paper Buildings that they would be willing to share? Any information at all would be gratefully received.
I've never had interviews on the gateway (all been off gateway). I know this is a very general question but when do interviews normally start? I'm assuming by the first week of June? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
12 KBW first round interviews out via email.
Fenners have now placed an advertisement of Gateway for 2017 - considering we still haven't heard from previous application deadline does this mean we will need to reapply? I'm tempted to irrespective due to the fact iv built upon my cv since original application....

Posted from TSR Mobile
From Fenners: Dear Applicant, We write further to your application for pupillage at Fenners Chambers commencing in September 2017. Due to an administrative error within Chambers we are re-opening our application process. The closing date for applications is now 4pm on Friday 24th June 2016.
Original post by CLSBPTC2015
From Fenners: Dear Applicant, We write further to your application for pupillage at Fenners Chambers commencing in September 2017. Due to an administrative error within Chambers we are re-opening our application process. The closing date for applications is now 4pm on Friday 24th June 2016.

Just received! I must say I did wonder when it originally didn't appear on Gateway!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else waiting to hear from all of theirs and going crazy with people getting lots of interviews???
Original post by Hopefully1234
Anyone else waiting to hear from all of theirs and going crazy with people getting lots of interviews???

Completely! Constantly refreshing and only heard from 1 Gateway set

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from Blackstone following the assessed mini interviews this week?
Original post by pupilpleaser
Anyone heard from Blackstone following the assessed mini interviews this week?

Have mine in two weeks time. How was it? What does it entail? I've heard 10 mins prep on a range of topical issues and then questioning on one?
Anyone heard from 1 Gray's Inn Square, Garden Court Chambers or Doughty Street?
Original post by frosty321
Have mine in two weeks time. How was it? What does it entail? I've heard 10 mins prep on a range of topical issues and then questioning on one?

You pick one from a list during prep time and then you are asked for your view/questioned on it. Otherwise it's around your application form
Original post by pizzaprincess
Anyone heard from 1 Gray's Inn Square, Garden Court Chambers or Doughty Street?

Nothing from Garden Court or Doughty yet.

Anyone heard anything from 39 Essex Chambers?
Nothing from Garden Court or Doughty yet.

Anyone heard anything from 39 Essex Chambers?

nothing here from 39 essex.

Original post by pupilpleaser
You pick one from a list during prep time and then you are asked for your view/questioned on it. Otherwise it's around your application form

can i ask when you heard from blackstones about the assessed mini interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending