The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

This blog has just passed 10,000 views :eek2: :love:
Original post by Gingerbread101
When were they planning on giving you study leave?

Half term. That would have been atrocious!
Update 19/05/2016

Today was my last day of lessons at Sixth Form... I'm super emotional about leaving behind the school I've been at for 7 years, and all of the friends I've had. We're going back in tomorrow morning for our Leaver's Assembly and then we're going out for Leaver's Party (so I won't be able to write an update for my official last day). My form tutor decorated mugs for us all with a message on for each of us, and mine was 'if this was Hogwarts, you would be Hermione', which I think was pretty accurate!

I got back another Literature essay, where I got 37/40 because I tried to be too clever and added an extra bit that lost me marks (the question asked for wider reading about drama and I'd included loads of drama stuff but added in a poem too because the link was too nice to not talk about haha). I've not been doing as much revision for the past few days because I've been trying to make the most of leaving school, but I should be back in full swing on Sunday and revising during the day too as we'll have started study leave.

Russia: 6 days left
Gen St 1: 8 days left
Gen St 2: 18 days left
Gen St 3: 22 days left
History: 22 days left
Gen St 4: 27 days left
Language: 27 days left
Literature: 29 days left

When do you start study leave?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

I don't get study leave, never had study leave, but oh well - not like I'd actually study at home
Woo someone that shares my love for stationery and pretty notes!:biggrin:

Random question: Do you have a studyblr? :smile:
Original post by Andy98
I don't get study leave, never had study leave, but oh well - not like I'd actually study at home

Guess thats for the better then :tongue:
Original post by StrawbAri
Woo someone that shares my love for stationery and pretty notes!:biggrin:

Random question: Do you have a studyblr? :smile:

Yayyy :five:

I do indeedio, I'm too tired to hyperlink but my url is studyallday :biggrin:
Hope you aren't too emotional after your last day :console:.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Hope you aren't too emotional after your last day :console:.

It was very fun actually - I didn't really have any time to just sit and be sad, it was a great day/night with all of my close friends :h:
Guess thats for the better then :tongue:

Makes no difference :rofl:
Update 25/05/2016

I had my first exam today!

I was in school yesterday and this morning, and got loads of revision done using the pomodoro technique. It was quite good actually, because we did it as a group of 8 and it made it easier to keep going and do another one because someone would just set the timer and we'd all be in silence. I think I did about 3 hours yesterday and 2 hours this morning.

I think the exam was ok - there's 3 questions and you have to pick two of them to answer. One of them was on one of the topics I was hoping would come up, and the other two were a bit meh, but I think I picked the better question of the two and did well! I guess it can't be any worse than it was last year...!

Also, on the last day of school we had awards as part of our Leavers' Assembly, and I was voted as 'Most Motivated to Succeed' :giggle:

I'm going to be in serious revision mode for History now.

Russia: DONE
Gen St 1: 2 days left
Gen St 2: 12 days left
Gen St 3: 16 days left
History: 16 days left
Gen St 4: 21 days left
Language: 21 days left
Literature: 23 days left
Flash cards

These flash cards are now officially used, and I don't want to get rid of them!

I might take them camping with me and use them to light a fire and cook Russian History flavoured food...

Have you guys had any more exams?
~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Russian History flavoured food...

:rofl:

Haven't had any exams yet - my A2 bubble will be burst on the 14th. :emog:
Of course, I do have an AS retake before then, which I am ill prepared for... But there should be no need for the retake to go well if my A2 exam goes well. :colondollar:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
:rofl:

Haven't had any exams yet - my A2 bubble will be burst on the 14th. :emog:
Of course, I do have an AS retake before then, which I am ill prepared for... But there should be no need for the retake to go well if my A2 exam goes well. :colondollar:

My first A2 one is the History, have to get through Gen studs first though :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll be fine with the retake too :smile: which subject is it in?
9 down 11 to go for me! How have I not even reavhed half way :frown: :biggrin:
My first A2 one is the History, have to get through Gen studs first though :rolleyes:

I'm sure you'll be fine with the retake too :smile: which subject is it in?

Ah yes, in two days - how are you getting on with revision for that? I don't know anyone across four sixth forms who actually does general studies :tongue:

It's politics unit 1. :colondollar: Tbh, I should be putting more work in for it since unit 3 and 4 are very tough. :rofl:

Can't handle literature at the moment - we seem to be doing new poems every lesson and we haven't had guidance on sorting our poems into themes and contexts as of yet... :erm:
Original post by kennethdcharles
9 down 11 to go for me! How have I not even reavhed half way :frown: :biggrin:

You've still done loads though, which is great! :biggrin:

General feelings so far? :smile:
Ah yes, in two days - how are you getting on with revision for that? I don't know anyone across four sixth forms who actually does general studies :tongue:

It's politics unit 1. :colondollar: Tbh, I should be putting more work in for it since unit 3 and 4 are very tough. :rofl:

Can't handle literature at the moment - we seem to be doing new poems every lesson and we haven't had guidance on sorting our poems into themes and contexts as of yet... :erm:

I'm not revising for it :tongue: I was talking to my teacher and they said you'd really only need to revise for the A2 ones :lol:

Try doing like an hour a day or something :smile:
Hmm, have you tried looking at past papers and trying to separate them into your own themes from that?
I'm not revising for it :tongue: I was talking to my teacher and they said you'd really only need to revise for the A2 ones :lol:

Hmm, have you tried looking at past papers and trying to separate them into your own themes from that?

I'll try to do that, already did a bit on it today. If nothing else I suppose my work ethic has realllllllly improved from last year :erm:

Oh yeah, I've done that for my independent work :colondollar: - it is just really frustrating when we get soooo many poems because I'd rather we stick with a few for each theme and actually be told how they fit into the themes :redface:
I'll try to do that, already did a bit on it today. If nothing else I suppose my work ethic has realllllllly improved from last year :erm:

Oh yeah, I've done that for my independent work :colondollar: - it is just really frustrating when we get soooo many poems because I'd rather we stick with a few for each theme and actually be told how they fit into the themes :redface:

Well that's good :yes:

I guess you can just select the best ones to organise properly and have the rest as back ups :smile:
Well that's good :yes:

I guess you can just select the best ones to organise properly and have the rest as back ups :smile:

Going to do that now actually - will sort through my massive stack and choose the most relevant :woo:
Good luck with your revision Gingerbread! :woo:
You've still done loads though, which is great! :biggrin:

General feelings so far? :smile:

They have been alright so far, some harder than others. In general, I'm praying that the majority of my exams have been A*s. :smile:
Original post by kennethdcharles
They have been alright so far, some harder than others. In general, I'm praying that the majority of my exams have been A*s. :smile:

That's good, woooo I'm sure they will be :awesome:
@Gingerbread101 Thank you! I'm sure yours will too with the hard work you've been doing! How are you feeling about meeting your university offer? Nervous? Confident? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending