The Student Room Group

Physics edexcel igcse

Scroll to see replies

Very hard paper, found many of the questions quite cryptic and too focused upon the finer details of topic we can't afford to prioritize.
Predictions for the grade boundaries are around 72-74 percent for the a*
Wtf was the polar bear all about:frown:
Was the energy of nuclear fission kinetic energy or nuclear energy?? I put kinetic energy
Reply 3
Original post by asd.987
Was the energy of nuclear fission kinetic energy or nuclear energy?? I put kinetic energy

it was heat energy I think??
I put thermal energy. I'm not sure though.
please someone post the unofficial mark scheme so I can cry over how badly I did D:
Original post by asd.987

**** I put chemical energy
That divers question though... they asked us to calculate the pressure but gave us density and litre... :frown: the entire paper was brutal
Original post by george_c00per
**** I put chemical energy

I put nuclear :frown:
Original post by meganmoo999
I put nuclear :frown:

the only reason I didn't that was because it was in a past paper I did and I remember that it wasn't nuclear.. but I can't remember what the correct answer was :angry: apparently it was kinetic.
the only reason I didn't that was because it was in a past paper I did and I remember that it wasn't nuclear.. but I can't remember what the correct answer was :angry: apparently it was kinetic.

Ah poo :frown:

omg the paper was like a world war 3 fr me !!!!!it was sooooo hard!!!
and fr the energy i wrote heat please tell that is correct!!!:cry:
Original post by Olijones100
Very hard paper, found many of the questions quite cryptic and too focused upon the finer details of topic we can't afford to prioritize.
Predictions for the grade boundaries are around 72-74 percent for the a*
Wtf was the polar bear all about:frown:

IKR !!!!! it was the longest question i think!!!!!!:frown:

i put kinetic
Original post by lucyg2000
i put kinetic

i don't get it isn't it converted in to heat ??? and to think with logic how can a reactor produce kinetic its not moving or any thing right!!!!!????
Reply 15
Original post by asd.987

it is kinetic
Original post by Vigster
it is kinetic

how do u know ???? pleeeeeeeese explain!!!!:frown:
Original post by emobha
it was heat energy I think??

It was definitely: kinetic energy of the fission fragments.
(100% positive)
Okay phew, another girl was so confident it was nuclear but nah. Also, for the divers question did you guys use the equation P1V1=P2V2? Oh and that flippin UV question, why was the sky black? Was it because air particles absorbed UV radiation? Lol, was a blind guess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending