The Student Room Group

OCR BIOLOGY GATEWAY B 25TH MAY 2016 B1 B2 B3 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AA11AAA
What are the predicitions on the grade boundries?

Hoping its low, but seems like im the only one who found it quite difficult compared to the previous past papers :frown:
Reply 241
don't think I'll be able to revise b4 and b5 in the evening and b6 in the morning like I did for todays exam ahaha
what did people write for the Oxygen Debt question, I put about how it's the amount of oxygen needed to restart aerobic respiration after resorting to anaerobic respiration, and until the oxygen breaks down the lactic acid built up. I didn't understand part b though, I just put area is equal because that amount of oxygen is needed for aerobic respiration or something like that.
Prediction for grade boundaries?
They're the same because it's the amount required to repay the oxygen debt.
Original post by itzohmygosh
Ye i got that first part, but the other part of that question threw me off. i think it was something about heart surgery

I put about how the heart would need to be put in the other way around or the veins/arteries leading to and from the heart need to be rearranged so that the left ventricle pumps to the body not the lungs to avoid damaging them.
I think I got A* yay I'm marking hardly against an unofficial markscheme grade boundaries anyone?
Original post by Dragomir_Despard
What di people have as the advantages of the trees???

I dont know if this is right but I put that a disease would wipe them all out as they are similar and if one tree fell it would have a domino effect. Also it doesnt require a mate
someone make a petition that screwed me over, apparently the heart was flipped. the paper was basically written by aqa male tree clone smh :frown::frown:
Original post by k4mr4n7861
i thought the one about the thumbs was none because the mum and dad had normal thumbs

I'm not sure but I thought it said that the dad was Hetrozygous so he would have two different allleles, the dominant and the recessive one
Original post by ThomasRules
I put about how the heart would need to be put in the other way around or the veins/arteries leading to and from the heart need to be rearranged so that the left ventricle pumps to the body not the lungs to avoid damaging them.

I put how the heart would have to be placed the other way round so the ventricles pump to the correct artery, but lots of people telling me that wouldn't be correct?
Original post by ellamoon_22
I think I got A* yay I'm marking hardly against an unofficial markscheme grade boundaries anyone?

Can I have a link to that mark scheme?
Reply 252
Last years grade boundaries was 50/75 for a*so it shouldn't change too much I hope!
Original post by nasherz
Last years grade boundaries was 50/75 for a*so it shouldn't change too much I hope!

Yayyyy
Original post by k4mr4n7861
i thought the one about the thumbs was none because the mum and dad had normal thumbs

The dad had heterozygous (Tt) club thumbs i believe so there was a 50/50 chance
Original post by ThomasRules
Can I have a link to that mark scheme?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4118415
Apparently last year was 50/75 for A*
Original post by ellamoon_22
Apparently last year was 50/75 for A*

Yeah, it was really low - the paper was quite hard. I'd expect them to be higher this year as the paper was a bit easier
anybody have a clue what you think the grade boundaries are going to be overall for biology.
well, I failed biology :/ at least I can resit in November

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending