The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR (not OCR MEI) Core 2 Answers May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi Mr M, such a stupid mistake I did the last question in degrees rather than radians. Would I still get marks for working in it even if I came out with a degrees answer. In addition to this on the opening question what was the working was it just a simple rearranging and then the cosine rule, I somehow messed this up just need to know if I got the working
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 61
Any idea on grade boundaries?
Original post by mil88
I got a = 5/3 and used a completely different method? Are we certain that a = 5/3 is incorrect?

No it was corrected before you posted!
Original post by amygracebroad
Thanks for this!
For question 9i if I've written 2pi x 1/a do I still get the mark or did I need it to be simplified?
How many marks do you think I would get for 9iii. if I rearranged to get tan (ax) = root3 and then did tan^-1 of root3 to get ax equals 60?
And do you think I would only lose 1 mark for 6iii. if I left N as 37.3?
Finally, how many marks do you think I would lose for writing kx^2 and kx^3 in 3i. instead of writing k^2x^2 and k^3x^3?

9i) You might be ok.

9iii) Get 1 mark. You should be working in radians.

6iii) Yes drop 1.

3i) drop 2.
Meh
Reply 65
I left my answer to 9 part 4 as ax=π/3 and ax=4π/3 how many marks would i lose as it wasn't in terms of a

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Devkj
Sir for question 3ii would i get any marks for saying that k=1/9 and 0. As well as that for 9i would i get the mark for putting the period as 0<ax<2pia

I'm not sure you'll get any marks for either part.
Original post by Saching99
If i did the last question not in terms of A but rather just 4Pi/5 and Pi/5, how many marks would i lose?

They're not correct. I'm not sure you'll get anything.
Original post by DaKoolguy
Thank sir. For 5ib I wrote the correct answer down in the exam booklet however for some stupid reason I made it equal 0 and tried to solve for a. How many marks would that be? And for 6iii. I worked it out and got 37.2 but rounded down to 37. What will I get?

5iib) you might get all the marks

6iii) drop 1
Reply 69
I somehow managed to add 5 instead of 4 onto the end of 5bi, so therefore wrote the sum to infinity as 5, how many marks will I drop?
Reply 70
And would i get any marks for saying stretch by scale factor 9 parallel to the y axis, i accidentally did the stretch the opposite way round.
Original post by Willdabeast666
So might i lose marks

You might not lose any.
Original post by swagmister
I had that answer but wrote 17 instead of -17 when using the quadratic formula so i had 38 as negative and 43 as positive so i wrote N=43 how many marks would I lose?

Drop 2 at most.
Original post by cc262626
If it did for the period question
0 is greater than or equal to ax is less than or equal to 2api is this wrong

Yes that's wrong I'm afraid.
Original post by Mr M
They're not correct. I'm not sure you'll get anything.

If a = 5/3 as said before, ive done all the same working, surely id get 2 or 3 out of 4? i solved the trig equation exactly right
Original post by groceryboi
Do you lose marks if you forget to put cm?

No.
Original post by AlfieH
And I posted some time ago!

I'm just trying to work through the questions in order without missing anyone out.
Original post by ChicharitoMUFC
Hi Mr M, such a stupid mistake I did the last question in degrees rather than radians. Would I still get marks for working in it even if I came out with a degrees answer. In addition to this on the opening question what was the working was it just a simple rearranging and then the cosine rule, I somehow messed this up just need to know if I got the working

You won't lose many marks for working in degrees.

And yes to your second question.
Original post by JW22
Any idea on grade boundaries?

I don't guess them.
Original post by mubby30
I left my answer to 9 part 4 as ax=π/3 and ax=4π/3 how many marks would i lose as it wasn't in terms of a

Posted from TSR Mobile

Drop 1.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending